The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > BUELL MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Buell Motorcycle Engine Conversions
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
black pearl (70), SDREDD (53), pig (51), BonRu (49), cbass (41), ssm7530 (39), SxysCowboy (31)
Get Lowered
883 Sportster
Superbrace
DK Customs

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: x1 lightning
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
x1torq21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question need advice (assembly with NRHS 1250 kit)

so i installed the nrhs 1250 kit on my bike but when i put the rocker box on it doesnt sit flush. i turned the motor over till the push rods were at there lowest point. how can i make this work?

Last edited by Folkie; 27th October 2012 at 17:21..
Old 4th June 2012
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: WR250F
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
texbombboy is a splendid one to beholdtexbombboy is a splendid one to beholdtexbombboy is a splendid one to beholdtexbombboy is a splendid one to beholdtexbombboy is a splendid one to beholdtexbombboy is a splendid one to beholdtexbombboy is a splendid one to beholdtexbombboy is a splendid one to beholdtexbombboy is a splendid one to beholdtexbombboy is a splendid one to beholdtexbombboy is a splendid one to behold

put clay in the top of the rocker boxes to figure out where the rockers are hitting. Then go at those boxes in small steps until you have gotten enough material out of the way for everything to move. Which cams did you go with? Might give dan a call he can probably give you much better advice on the where and how much.