The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion > Off-Topic Archive
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic Archive This is where old posts that are worthy of saving are held. Many Off-Topic posts will be deleted but the best will be kept here.

Members Birthdays
Lowbrow Customs
Motor Stage
Bison Motorsports
Biltwell

883 Sportster
View Poll Results: Do you wear Harley-Davidson T-Shirts?
Yes 538 79.47%
No 139 20.53%
Voters: 677. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883>1200 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHTCU
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
txsporty is on a distinguished roadtxsporty is on a distinguished roadtxsporty is on a distinguished roadtxsporty is on a distinguished roadtxsporty is on a distinguished road
Question Harley T-Shirts

OK, there has been a bit of talk here about HD T-shirts on different Threads.
Just wondering how many people here wear HD shirts and how many don't??

My Self, Yes I do wear them!!! I have quite a few!! I collect them from places I've been and a couple from places that I haven't been, those have been sent to me from people that I know!!
Old 4th February 2005
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
883Hugger is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 3 Harley t-shirts. I only get ones I really like.
Old 4th February 2005

XLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the roughXLFREAK is a jewel in the rough

I have a few, including my HOG rally shirt. It's one more thing I can collect...
Old 4th February 2005
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Custom 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
collinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura about

Wow! Wowie Wow Wow! 100% so far! That is incredible! Oh, only a few postings!

Anywho, I spend most of my wages on Harley-D T-shirts, buckles and boots. When I cruise by big plate glass windows and catch a glimpse of myself wearing my Harley shirt, I really look good. However, it's not to say I don't look good with my shirt off. I do, but I like to wear my Harley shirts because people will envy me both on and off my bike.

When ever I'm walking through a store or a park, or sitting in my church pew, quite often the little ladies will say, "Hey, mister, I really like your Harley motorcycle shirt. It is really colorful and you look very manly in it!" Some times such compliments embarrass me, but I usually reply with a modest, "oh, I suppose I do!"

However, sometimes, and it's usually a jealous boyfriend, will come up to me and say, "Hey bub, you think your pretty tough wearing that stupid Harley shirt. Maybe I ought to bop you in your nose!" I always apologize for offending them with my choice of wearing apparel, and then I punch them in the head. Some folks are just bad people!

Anyway, I wear my Harley shirts to show I am a great Harley fan and a great American!

Billy
Yo momma!
Old 4th February 2005
mostly harmless.. (sssm)

gronk62 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsb
Wow! Wowie Wow Wow! 100% so far! That is incredible! Oh, only a few postings!

Anywho, I spend most of my wages on Harley-D T-shirts, buckles and boots. When I cruise by big plate glass windows and catch a glimpse of myself wearing my Harley shirt, I really look good. However, it's not to say I don't look good with my shirt off. I do, but I like to wear my Harley shirts because people will envy me both on and off my bike.

When ever I'm walking through a store or a park, or sitting in my church pew, quite often the little ladies will say, "Hey, mister, I really like your Harley motorcycle shirt. It is really colorful and you look very manly in it!" Some times such compliments embarrass me, but I usually reply with a modest, "oh, I suppose I do!"

However, sometimes, and it's usually a jealous boyfriend, will come up to me and say, "Hey bub, you think your pretty tough wearing that stupid Harley shirt. Maybe I ought to bop you in your nose!" I always apologize for offending them with my choice of wearing apparel, and then I punch them in the head. Some folks are just bad people!

Anyway, I wear my Harley shirts to show I am a great Harley fan and a great American!

Billy
hahaha Billy you always crack me up!

I'm assuming you were wearin your tough Harley Tshirt during the event's you mentioned in the following story from the old XL Forum?

Bad arse Billy
Know Thy Hog

Old 4th February 2005
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
gordy is an unknown quantity at this point

nope dont wear them got brought one for xmas havent even been out of the wrapper yet. I tend to wear either T-shirts from aftermarket suppliers or non MoCo related bike T-shirts.
Old 4th February 2005

RedRider has disabled reputation

I love how we as a group are always mother-I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-ing H-D dealers, dealer labor rates, salesmen, the moco, moco's marketing schemes, extended warranties etc., but then we turn around and spend $20.00 or more on a shirt that says H-D and/or the dealership's name on it and wear them around with pride....

Does this not seem to add up, or is it just me?

BTW, I have one H-D shirt & don't make a habit of bad-mouthing H-D and it's dealers.
Old 4th February 2005
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XLS Roadster Wannabe
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
Sportster/Buell Model #2: HD (Aermacchi) Sprint
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1969
alleydude is on a distinguished roadalleydude is on a distinguished roadalleydude is on a distinguished roadalleydude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gronk62
Great THREAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy
nope dont wear them got brought one for xmas havent even been out of the wrapper yet. I tend to wear either T-shirts from aftermarket suppliers or non MoCo related bike T-shirts.
Why, are they paying you to advertise for them?

Ken
HDSprint.com
Old 4th February 2005
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 1200 s "espresso glide
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Sportster/Buell Model #2: wl 750 "der dicke bertel"
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1942
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha 500 "rumbleghost"
Other Motorcycle Year: 1979
fleiszpelz has disabled reputation

i've got two t's with the text:
harley -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-**g davidson
and one with this text on the back:
if you can read this, the bitch fell off

harley shirts?
Old 5th February 2005
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Custom 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
collinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura aboutcollinsb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gronk62
hahaha Billy you always crack me up!

I'm assuming you were wearin your tough Harley Tshirt during the event's you mentioned in the following story from the old XL Forum?

Bad arse Billy
Yes Phil, I am always wearing my H-D shirts, even when I'm thrusted into life and death action. My shirts always stay perfectly clean, without a wrinkle. It just goes to show you how important ones constant training is to ones survival.

Billy
Know Thy Hog