The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum RYCA Motors  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Gear - Helmets, Clothing and what not
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Gear - Helmets, Clothing and what not This area is for discussing riding gear such as helmet, boots, clothing, etc

Members Birthdays
Mr.P (50), G-man1965, Dietoride (45), mct496 (43), JuggaloCujo (31)
S&S Cycle
Lowbrow Customs
Energy One Clutches
Get Lowered

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th September 2006
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1992
jwbradbury is on a distinguished roadjwbradbury is on a distinguished road
Arrow That time of year again....

Now that the daylight hours are starting to get shorter, I'm faced with a usual dilemma.

I leave for work around 6:30 p.m. but before I arrive the sun is setting, so that means smoked sunglasses into the sunset but then changing lenses on the way. I finally bit the bullet and went over today to Chaparral Motorsports (San Bernardino, CA) to get a pair of photochromic glasses.

They had the usual group of brands sitting on the shelf, costing between $120 to $160. I'd had pretty good luck with the Bobster "convertible" glasses, so I asked if they had any from that maker. They did, and so I jumped for them... cost was $36.

If you're thinking of possibly getting a pair of "transition" style lenses but don't want to spend a ton of cash, you might give these a try. I jumped on the super-slab and took it up to around 75 mph and had no trouble with slippage or any tendency to try become dislodged with side-to-side head checks. I rode about 50 miles around the area just doing errands and these Bobster glasses seem to work out fine.

Here's the link from Chaparral's online catalog but you may be able to find them through other sources as well:

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chap...7B4CC8152C5FB1

- - - Ride safe... With fists in the wind....

J.W.

J.W.

+ + + You're never lost if ya don't care where the road is headed. + + +

Old 9th September 2006
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Softail Standard
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
pirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the roughpirate50 is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't ride without my photochromic glasses. I have a pair of Panoptx that I use day and night; half helmet or full face. Works great for me.

Pirate

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler. Henry David Thoreau
Old 9th September 2006
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 61
Other Motorcycle Model: Superglide
Other Motorcycle Year: 74
MDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to allMDT is a name known to all

I usually leave mine on the counter at the 7-11. But occasionally I leave them on the front seat of my car so I can sit on them. I might try a pair.
Old 9th September 2006
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1992
jwbradbury is on a distinguished roadjwbradbury is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I can relate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDT
I usually leave mine on the counter at the 7-11. But occasionally I leave them on the front seat of my car so I can sit on them. I might try a pair.
The Bobster "convertible" glasses came with one of those PITA around-the-neck cords and I instantly became a big fan of those things. Haven't left my glasses in the 7-11 since.

J.W.