The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Bison Motorsports  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
Deathbreath (65), SpartanDen, B.C. TROLL (61), JDCIV (48), d_eggman2 (46), outalne94z71 (42), troy1 (41), chupacabra (40), pirate (40), Arslanoff
Sky Smith Insurance
DK Customs
Fix My Hog
Energy One Clutches

Ironworks Magazine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th March 2005
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model:
Sportster/Buell Year:
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHS
Other Motorcycle Year: 1988
blueglide88 is on a distinguished roadblueglide88 is on a distinguished roadblueglide88 is on a distinguished roadblueglide88 is on a distinguished roadblueglide88 is on a distinguished road
Default GSXR 1000 brakes

I've been pondering improving my brakes on my '04 1200C all winter. A dual setup would be nice, but I'd like to see if I can get it done cheaper than that. So it occurs to me that there are lots of jap bike parts on ebay. I noticed a few pairs of GSXR100 six piston calipers. I would think a six piston caliper would increase my braking performance, and it would look trick too. Has anybody done this? Would the stock master cylinder work? I don't want to change that. As for bolting to the forks, I can make an adapter. Do you think it's worth the trouble?
Old 19th March 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 11 second 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: '98
Other Motorcycle Model: about a dozen others.....
stevo is a jewel in the roughstevo is a jewel in the roughstevo is a jewel in the roughstevo is a jewel in the roughstevo is a jewel in the roughstevo is a jewel in the roughstevo is a jewel in the roughstevo is a jewel in the roughstevo is a jewel in the roughstevo is a jewel in the roughstevo is a jewel in the rough

It will work ....BUT ya really need at least a mid glide as the calipers are too wide...

Here's some pics...

I'm going to early style Brembos on my 1200S as they are thinner ....I still have to get a little cute tho.