The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > DYNO Charts and Result
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

DYNO Charts and Result Post your dyno charts and results here.

Members Birthdays
Progressive Suspension
Licks Cycles
Energy One Clutches
Burly

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2007
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Congrats to KCNPA69!

I was fortunate to be able to watch as Mike Velasco put KCNPA69's, 2002, 1200/1250cc conversion on the dyno today to check it out.

Some pretty amazing thunder as it ripped off a respectable and "snorting" 92 hp and 85 ft, lbs. of torque. Still running the factory 2-2's with SEII slip-ons. Combined with the mild .497" cams it helped bring the torque in early with 60 ft. lbs at under 2,500 rpm, yet did not fade out until 6,500 rpm.

Congrats on a fine build!

Last edited by Gone; 22nd April 2007 at 02:46..
Old 22nd April 2007
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XLC, now 1212
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
jrazo is on a distinguished roadjrazo is on a distinguished roadjrazo is on a distinguished road

what heads were on this build?

[SIGPIC]http://www.xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/signaturepics/sigpic4931_1.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 22nd April 2007
Poser Extraordinaire

Sportster/Buell Model: 883R Stage 0.5
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Cushman Lowrider
Other Motorcycle Model: Briggs & Stratton Chopper
Sleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond reputeSleeper has a reputation beyond repute

Kick-ass numbers.
Old 22nd April 2007
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250c
Other Motorcycle Model: kawasaki 800 vulcan
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
kcnpa69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks to Dan @ NRHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrazo View Post
what heads were on this build?
If anyone is on the fence about NRHS or those guys ability to produce great power, I have to say their word, products, and service all exceded my expectations. Dan spent time on the phone with me on several occasions(answering a lot of dumb questions) and made sure I ordered all the right stuff to build the motor I wanted( which by the way, arrived in less then a week) Thanks, Dan! Also thanks to Paul at Olympic Power Sports in Port Angeles who put my build together, He's a great machinic! When he was done, he tuned it by ear; haven't had 1 backfire in the 600 miles since the work was done.On the Dyno today it showed at 1/4 throttle 16.8 to1 ; at half throttle 16.3 to 1 and at 3/4 throttle showed 16.3 to 1(lean across the board) and the dyno guy suggested a jet kit, bigger jets, fatter needle, but its running so well I'm prone to not mess with it. If you read this Dan, what do you think, jet kit or leave well enough alone?To answer your question, the heads I used are listed in my signature. KC
Old 23rd April 2007
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
davidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura aboutdavidcar has a spectacular aura about

If those figures are at a steady throttle and not WOT then they are not extremely bad but still should be richer, if they are at WOT then they need to come down a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnpa69 View Post
If anyone is on the fence about NRHS or those guys ability to produce great power, I have to say their word, products, and service all exceded my expectations. Dan spent time on the phone with me on several occasions(answering a lot of dumb questions) and made sure I ordered all the right stuff to build the motor I wanted( which by the way, arrived in less then a week) Thanks, Dan! Also thanks to Paul at Olympic Power Sports in Port Angeles who put my build together, He's a great machinic! When he was done, he tuned it by ear; haven't had 1 backfire in the 600 miles since the work was done.On the Dyno today it showed at 1/4 throttle 16.8 to1 ; at half throttle 16.3 to 1 and at 3/4 throttle showed 16.3 to 1(lean across the board) and the dyno guy suggested a jet kit, bigger jets, fatter needle, but its running so well I'm prone to not mess with it. If you read this Dan, what do you think, jet kit or leave well enough alone?To answer your question, the heads I used are listed in my signature. KC

Old 23rd April 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
CBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Some pretty amazing thunder as it ripped off a respectable and "snorting" 92 hp and 85 ft, lbs. of torque. Still running the factory 2-2's with SEII slip-ons.

That's very interesting. I thought dan said a 2-2 pipe is limited to 85 hp and it won't make more than that.

Can you post the dyno sheet?

Last edited by CBAS5; 23rd April 2007 at 18:42..
Old 24th April 2007
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250c
Other Motorcycle Model: kawasaki 800 vulcan
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
kcnpa69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAS5 View Post
That's very interesting. I thought dan said a 2-2 pipe is limited to 85 hp and it won't make more than that.

Can you post the dyno sheet?
All I can tell you is what the dyno readout tells me. and the guy that was running the dyno is supposed to be one of the best around. I don't know how to post on this site, but I scanned the readout and I have it on my PC. If you PM me your e-mail address, I will send it back to you and maybe you could post it for me? KC
Old 22nd April 2007
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1218rr turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute

You can always change the jets and see how it feels but document what you currently have in there. The other choice is to go back to the guy that built it and ask if he would run that lean. My guess is that he would not. Too lean can cause some major problems under the right circumstances.
Spoiled but definitely not rotten. Started life as a black 1993, 1200 Now-1218, Home ported 2009 FI heads, Andrews N6 cams, Dyna2Ki, JMC aluminum swingarm, Chainsikle custom mid forward controls, GBC inverted front end, 3 degree wide-glide trees and 5 degree raked cups. 18x3.5 fatspoke rear with 150/60 and 21x3.5 with 120/70.
Old 22nd April 2007
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XLC, now 1212
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
jrazo is on a distinguished roadjrazo is on a distinguished roadjrazo is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with Ralph, at 16:1 AFR, those heads are parched for more fuel. I wouldn't be surprised if you found 4-5 more hp with proper air fuel mixture
Old 23rd April 2007
Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1212 XL Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH STROKER
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1959
Jimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to beholdJimbos883 is a splendid one to behold

Those heads you say are 04 1200r, did NRHS do any additional work to them? Are they Stage 1, Stage 2?

Very impressive numbers with those .497 cams.

Also I think you are on the tad lean side, I myself would consider bumping the jet up, but that's just me. I would think that if you ride two up or get into stop and go traffic you'll start to hear pinging when the weather gets warmer.