The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
S&S Cycle
Foxcreek Leather
RYCA Motors
Motor Stage

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th September 2009
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R1150R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
bigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to all
Default My Sportster to the rescue!

My brother in law called me the other day asking if I had a lug wrench and jack so he could replace a flat tire on his Jeep. This guy can't even turn a wrench, he's that immune. Anyway, I strap up my 1/2 ton hydralic jack to my luggage rack and stuff the lug wrench into my saddle bags and head off to his house.

I get there and somehow he's gotten the Jeep up in the air and the temp tire on. I was shocked he could actually do that!! Anyway, the temp tire is flat too and to make matters worse, he drove it out of the garage and the bead has been broken on the temp tire. Moron.. anyways.. I say I can fix that...no problem....

We take off the tire and I promptly begin strapping the temp tire to my sisybar and luggage rack. I used a combination of bungy cords and rope and that sucker ain't moving! (thank you to the Boy Scouts and me remembering how to tie knots!!)

With the tire strapped on and me wiggling it to see how stable it is, I hit the road to Firestone about 5 miles away. Got there with no problems and the tire guys were laughing when I pulled up. I don't think they've ever seen a bike with a tire strapped to the sissybar pull up to the shop before.

Hell, I'm ingeniusly creative that way

Anyways, the moral of the story is, even without a car, I can STILL do most everything with just the Sporty, even rescuing a brother in law

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
Marquis de la Grange (1639 - 1692)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 9th September 2009
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
SpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond repute

imagine that.... all that work and on a girls bike to boot!!!!
just goes to show ya that us Sporty lovers are an ingenous lot!

"If you're looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

Old Bubba of the Booze Junkies MC
Old 9th September 2009

bigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to all

I just wish I woulda thought to bring the camera with me.
Old 9th September 2009
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L in Pewter Pearl
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Dogstar will become famous soon enoughDogstar will become famous soon enoughDogstar will become famous soon enoughDogstar will become famous soon enoughDogstar will become famous soon enoughDogstar will become famous soon enoughDogstar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjnsa View Post
I just wish I woulda thought to bring the camera with me.
Yup, no pics = no proof.

"Canadian by birth. Rebel by choice." --- Dogstar, 2009. Stock performance plus shiny stuff ... to be continued.
Old 9th September 2009
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL50 0596 Black
Other Motorcycle Model: E-Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Bob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yup, no pics = no proof.
I've tied a half barrel of beer on my luggage rack but without photos no one believes me either.

Sportys tend to keep getting faster the longer you own them.
Know Thy Hog

Old 10th September 2009

I will be sure to take pics next time!