The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
Licks Holiday
Ironworks Magazine
Fix My Hog
Dead Creek Cycles

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2010
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2008
08nightmare is an unknown quantity at this point
Default roadking shock with lowering kit??

i bobbed my fender on my nightster and want on to my lower the fender but dont want struts and want to be able go 2up without rubbing and be slammed when solo so i thought that this setup might work but with the bigger diameter of the roadkings shocks i know there is some clearence issues. anyone run this setup yet? any problems
Old 28th January 2010
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1991
Spadesluck is on a distinguished roadSpadesluck is on a distinguished road

On my 91 I have RK shocks and lowered the rear 3" with the blocks. I have not run into any problems. I do have a chain and that gives me more room back there compared to a belt.
Old 28th January 2010
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 09 1200N
Huladog has a spectacular aura aboutHuladog has a spectacular aura aboutHuladog has a spectacular aura aboutHuladog has a spectacular aura aboutHuladog has a spectacular aura aboutHuladog has a spectacular aura aboutHuladog has a spectacular aura aboutHuladog has a spectacular aura aboutHuladog has a spectacular aura aboutHuladog has a spectacular aura aboutHuladog has a spectacular aura about

Yep, it works. I have the stock length (13 inch) RK shocks on my 1200N with one inch lowering block since I wanted the higher ride height.

Tamarack has the 1 inch or 1 3/4 inch (I think) versions. The fat shock body requires you to add spacers to move the shock body outward a bit to clear the belt guard on the right side, and moved out just a bit on the left side so the top mounting eye clears the fender strut.

Aloha,
Huladog