The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum S&S Cycle  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sportster Motorcycle Project
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Dead Creek Cycles
NRHS Performance Long 2
Lowbrow Customs
RYCA Motors

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th October 2008
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: hd nightrain
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
jakazz has a spectacular aura aboutjakazz has a spectacular aura aboutjakazz has a spectacular aura aboutjakazz has a spectacular aura aboutjakazz has a spectacular aura aboutjakazz has a spectacular aura aboutjakazz has a spectacular aura aboutjakazz has a spectacular aura aboutjakazz has a spectacular aura aboutjakazz has a spectacular aura about
Default Bagger-tail conversion

NEW PROJECT
Wifey wants a roadking, thats fine but I'm not going to spend 20k on it for her to dump.....so I figure I'll spend 5-6k and if she drops her I'm still good.

Donor bike:
2000 1200xlh, 14k mi. laid down lightly, paid 2700 for it, It has at least a stage 1 upgrade in it, also might have a stage 2 because of a screamin eagle coil, havent dug into the motor yet because it runs and drives great.

In ma. we have to get a salvage title for the bike which means we have to "fix" everything on the ins. estimate. Not replace with new just fix if possible.

So first step is the title, went last week and got rejected,.... kinda figured I would because I didnt do shit to it.

So I prettied her up getting a new rim to lace up, cant use used parts.
Second pic.

I have collected:
hard bags, 09 rear fender and extension kit, front nacelle, 7" headlight to mount inside, pair of touring legs and axle, new 22.25 inch touring tubes, Had a triple tree, road king 2 piece seat, windshield, passing lights and bracket, side covers, Tank, and dash, dual discs. 150 tooth vrod belt, and some misc. stuff

Still need to acquire wheels, I'm going with SMW again for their pricing quality and made in America business strategy. Geting a 21x3.25 for the front and a 18x8.5 for the rear,...Actually swapping my set on my softail for the bagger and doing a 240 on it for the winter

And the big question of the the day is the rear pulley, should I go with the stock 61 tooth or goto a 65 for " touring"

Donor Bike, crashed salvage, mostly cosmetic, except for the front wheel

Almost ready for the salvage title inspection

Bagger frame for mock up and measurements for tube bending

This just shows an initial mock up of the wide glide with a street stalker nacelle on it