The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
RYCA Motors
Zippers Performance
Superbrace
BIKE BUILDER

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd May 2009
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200N/silver and black
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: vespa rally 200
Other Motorcycle Year: 1975
zeebo271 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to remove melted plastic and a story?

hello,
It looks like something plastic melted to the top of the cylinder head on my nighster...the chrome part (valve covers maybe?). It almost looks like sticker residue but it isn't sticky....Maybe a plastic bag rested against it when it was hot......What would be best to use to remove this residue? Goo gone? chrome cleaner?
As a side note,
Took out my bike for the first time yesterday and it felt just right! The xl1200n is exactly what i was looking for in a bike. I went riding with a buddy who just got a vulcan 900 custom. Nice bike. We then went to torture a third friend who wants a bike but his wife says no way.... Upon seeing the bikes together all he kept saying was that with the vulcan you get more for your money...(basically because it comes with a fuel gage and larger tank)... Yes, the vulcan is a cushier ride, has a fuel gage and comes ready for 2 up riding, but he just doesn't get it. Even beyond the larger engine i think my bike delivers much more for the money...... just sharing a story with those who might appreciate it!!!
Thanks for the help,
greg