The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
05sportyr, fgray (82), Petrolhead (57), hallj_p (54), HellRazur (50), Tony_Fats (44), cian (42), ecmchip (41), robert (40)
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th June 2009
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1992
Other Motorcycle Model: GL1800
Other Motorcycle Year: 2001
Durockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond repute

Dude! Get the 4X4 and fries "Animal Style", it's a long ride home!
Old 30th June 2009
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1250 XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Blast (wife's bike)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2002
OmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really nice

Dude, that is an awesome reason for a ride. I once drove eight hours to get some donuts with a couple friends in high school.
Old 30th June 2009
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
BWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond reputeBWP 5p has a reputation beyond repute

Great........I understand completely!

Have fun.....ride safe....take pics for us!

Stuff: YES
Old 30th June 2009
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883-NRHS1212
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Blacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura about

Mmmmmm, In-n-Out Burger

Zackleys
Old 30th June 2009
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C Vivid Black
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell XB9
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
edwilson29 is on a distinguished roadedwilson29 is on a distinguished roadedwilson29 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterdude.248 View Post
Get extra pickles!
NO......I repeat NO pickles......yuck!!! jk

If you go to the Iron Butt site, according to them a 1000 mi. ride can be started in the morning and have you home by dinner....never having done it myself you will have check out the site for more details, but I know I have done 700 miles in a day and never rode in the dark.....just an FYI.

DO SOMETHING, EVEN IF IT'S WRONG!!!
Old 30th June 2009
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Road King
Other Motorcycle Year: '09
XLNT is on a distinguished roadXLNT is on a distinguished roadXLNT is on a distinguished roadXLNT is on a distinguished road

Wow, that sounds like fun. I'm sure you'll have a great ride. Hey maybe when you get back, you guys can make a follow-up movie to the "White Castle" movie????? Ride On!
Old 2nd July 2009

Durockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond reputeDurockrolly has a reputation beyond repute

This thread reminded me that back in the mid '70's I rode from Los Angeles to Humboldt County for a free bag of weed!
Old 14th July 2009
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Barney_rubble23 has disabled reputation

I made it back. It turned out to be 886 miles from my front door to In-n-Out. Our total miles for the week ended up being 1987.7.
The weather was great most of the time; I can say I did not enjoy the 110 degrees in Mesquite Nevada. The Double Double was just as good as I remembered them.
Took I-70 across Colorado to I-15 on the way out and came back on the I-15 to I-80 and across Wyoming. Both legs of the trip were enjoyable. One of the best parts of the ride was south of Salt Lake City we took Hwy 189 to get to 80. I don’t know the name of the river that we followed along or the lake that it took us to but it sure was a nice ride. We must have seen 300 people I tubes floating down the river.
When we stopped for gas in Laramie WY we decided to stop at the Harley dealership to stretch our legs. I headed over there before my buddy was done at the gas station. My buddy was on a 2007 Kawasaki and when he pulled up he was sitting on his pillow that we had used while camping. I was looking around when I heard the owner say “Look at this fool, I think he is sitting on a pillow”. I had to admit that he was with me and the pillow had migrated from his pack to under his rear somewhere over the 5 days of riding.

All in all it was great to get way for a few days; we rode hard, ate well, and saw many miles of beautiful countryside.
Old 14th July 2009

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
cgp-1200R is a splendid one to beholdcgp-1200R is a splendid one to beholdcgp-1200R is a splendid one to beholdcgp-1200R is a splendid one to beholdcgp-1200R is a splendid one to beholdcgp-1200R is a splendid one to beholdcgp-1200R is a splendid one to beholdcgp-1200R is a splendid one to beholdcgp-1200R is a splendid one to beholdcgp-1200R is a splendid one to beholdcgp-1200R is a splendid one to behold

was it animal style ?

I would have done the same thing !

Patriot Guard NY Region 2
SAL SQN 366 Honor Guard Color Guard
Old 14th July 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgp-1200R View Post
was it animal style ?

I would have done the same thing !
Check out their "secret menu"!
Scroll down the page.

http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/