The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > BUELL MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Buell Motorcycle Transmission, Clutch, Primary & Secondary Drive
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
spatial.hd, cress (56), tomheck2112 (47), Marks98Sporty (47), hdsportster71 (43), jmhurt (36), Tros (30)
Bison Motorsports
RYCA Motors
S&S Cycle
Ironworks Magazine

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2009
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
MonkeyMouse is a jewel in the roughMonkeyMouse is a jewel in the roughMonkeyMouse is a jewel in the roughMonkeyMouse is a jewel in the roughMonkeyMouse is a jewel in the roughMonkeyMouse is a jewel in the roughMonkeyMouse is a jewel in the roughMonkeyMouse is a jewel in the roughMonkeyMouse is a jewel in the roughMonkeyMouse is a jewel in the roughMonkeyMouse is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkie View Post
Are you all sure about this? Mine are 5/32" allen heads.

The screws on the the clutch inspection cover are T27 Torx, but the chain inspection cover has allen heads.

Mike, what year bike have you got?
Ya know what, I believe your correct.
2007 XL883L- Pearl black or nighty tins, V&H short or side shots depends on my mood lol, Drag bars, fwd. controls, mini speedo, wire tuck, coil and ignition moved, solo saddle, other stuff moved/removed.
Old 2nd November 2009
Banned

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
AsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond repute

yup! Folkie is correct again.
Old 2nd November 2009
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Loner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud of

if you need heat but don't want to do damage to, the primary case put a allen wrench on it heat the wrench and the heat will transfer to the fastner it does work I've use it myself on a firends sporty never had a problem getting mine off on any of my three sportsters I've had over the years.
Old 2nd November 2009
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 2006 xl1200r
ultraeconomike is on a distinguished roadultraeconomike is on a distinguished road

The were allen heads. I used an allen head attachment that fits into a screwdriver and put a vice grip on the screwdriver after spraying some liquid wrench on them. I tried a couple of times (very carefully) with an electric drill with an impact setting at first and they wouldn't budge. Came back an hour later tried the screwdriver and vice grips and they finally came out and then after the oil change they went back in with no problem. There was no lock tite on them.
Old 2nd November 2009
Brass Nut

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200V
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883C … long gone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDB … gone!
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Folkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond repute

So, if I understand you right, you have a set of screwdriver bits, including 'allen' bits numbered #1, #2, and #3, and #3 was the closest to fitting?

A proper set of allen keys would be better.
'The green machine'
Know Thy Hog

Old 2nd November 2009
Know It All

ultraeconomike is on a distinguished roadultraeconomike is on a distinguished road

Yes that's about the size of it. The holder that it fits in says #3. I have regular allen keys but when I tried to use one (with a vice grips attached) it started to bend and I wouldn't have been suprised if it snapped in half if I had kept forcing it.
Old 2nd November 2009
Know It All

MonkeyMouse: 2006 xl1200r