The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
patc, Camera108 (61), pbudrovic (59), gene04 (57), guvnor (50), jrogers329 (44), ksoggs (39), dmurphy68 (37)
NHRS Performance
Lowbrow Customs
S&S Cycle
NHRS Performance

S&S Cycle

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th March 2010
XLF Enforcer.

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki
Other Motorcycle Year: 2001
ElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to allElectricCityIron is a name known to all
Default shes not even mine...

So my brother in law got a 78 ironhead.
Plus' about the bike...
Looks clean
has full exhaust done.
new handle bars head lights led turn signal and brake light
new tires
newer seat
updated points to electronic
new s&s carb

Down sides
first ride we learned the front cyl wasnt firing needing wires and plugs, same ride we learned the breather tube had no filter on it leaking on tire, same ride we learned the battery wasnt charging and after a bench test the generator was shot... so after a weekend i got her running all nice again.
and yes shes not even mine lol i do love working on bikes though..
She is a kicker not really a down side but after about a week( and yes ive never kick started anything in my life) we got it down choke, two twists of the throttle and one to two kicks she fires right up... she runs real strong too its a 1000 and it sounds real goood...ill get some pics for u guys.
Old 26th March 2010
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 75 motor in Norton frame.
Other Motorcycle Model: 42WLA 45, Harton, Narley
Other Motorcycle Year: 1942
Hopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to beholdHopper is a splendid one to behold

Hey, welcome to the Ironhead brotherhood, or the Ironhead brother-in-law hood as the case may be. Yes, they do kinda get in your blood. And those kickers are some fun.
78 is a good year too. Look forward to pics.