The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum GL Sporster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Chopper & Bobber Talk
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Chopper & Bobber Talk Talk about your Sportster motorcycle chopper or bobber!!.

Members Birthdays
texrex (62), jjluvstoride (49), njstoehr (38), tacho75xlh (35), 80ironhead80 (25)
DK Customs
Ironworks Magazine
Motor Stage
Energy One Clutches

Sky Smith Insurance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2011
Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: This & That
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
hoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to all
Default Home brewed bars

Got bored today and decided to cut up those apes and see what I could do with them. Here's what I came up with.....not gonna run em after I got them mounted, definately gonna stick with the Chumps!

Turned some stainless slugs, pressed em in and welded. Yes you can use stainless as long as you use stainless filler rod, we build high pressure air manifolds and this is the same technique we use on them...manifolds are mild steel and the weldolets (low rise couplings) are stainless....sorry back to the pics.

Fixture for setting the pullback.

Welded up

It looks like a cute & fuzzy bunny rabbit..LOL

They might look alright on a narrow front or even a springer, but not on that wide front end.....gonna hafta send em to the relocation box in the attic.
Old 3rd January 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883l
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Other Motorcycle Model: flstf
Other Motorcycle Year: 1999
bobjeep will become famous soon enoughbobjeep will become famous soon enoughbobjeep will become famous soon enoughbobjeep will become famous soon enoughbobjeep will become famous soon enoughbobjeep will become famous soon enoughbobjeep will become famous soon enoughbobjeep will become famous soon enough

very nice. I wish I had the talent to do things like this.
Old 3rd January 2011
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 custom 95th anniv.
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
kevinhd1200 is a jewel in the roughkevinhd1200 is a jewel in the roughkevinhd1200 is a jewel in the roughkevinhd1200 is a jewel in the roughkevinhd1200 is a jewel in the roughkevinhd1200 is a jewel in the roughkevinhd1200 is a jewel in the roughkevinhd1200 is a jewel in the roughkevinhd1200 is a jewel in the roughkevinhd1200 is a jewel in the roughkevinhd1200 is a jewel in the rough

Those bars are pretty cool, in my opinion. I don't think I'd store them in the "relocation box" in the attic.
In whatever comes our way..... -Moose from the Hell's Beerguts MC
Old 3rd January 2011
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 86 Sporty
tauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhd1200 View Post
Those bars are pretty cool, in my opinion. I don't think I'd store them in the "relocation box" in the attic.
I second that. Way too cool for relocation. Must be a hundred dudes over there that would love them!!!!
Old 3rd January 2011
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet bars Hootie..Don't like them send them my way..be glad to take them off your hands??

love the upside down MoCo sign on the wall!!
Know Thy Hog

Old 3rd January 2011
Bike Builder

hoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to allhoosier xlc is a name known to all

Thanks all, the bars will be used one day..just not on this bike.
Old 3rd January 2011
Ride free, RubyRed

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883 > SE 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1999
wandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant futurewandrur has a brilliant future

I am always amazed by your talent, Hooty. Very cool.

The project bike:
1999 1200 XLH--Currently on indefinite hold... Custom Led Sled frame--4" up, 2" out; Baker/Vulcan chain conversion; Buell 17" rear wheel...
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...d.php?t=708796
Old 4th January 2011
Bike Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandrur View Post
I am always amazed by your talent, Hooty. Very cool.
Thanks! Your build is going nicely and I check it out when it's updated...told ya you could do it!