The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum NRHS PERFORMANCE 1  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Riding with disability
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Riding with disability Discussions on how to ride with minor or major disabilities.

Members Birthdays
seajay, Hugh Betcha (68), jimhd89 (65), JayFL459 (65), Big Al (58), dakota_dj (57), 10walt (55), kiltbill (55), timsvalk (54), horsewriter (49), Benetampa (37)
Superbrace
Motor Stage
Licks Holiday
Sky Smith Insurance

Bison Motorsports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th May 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: xlc883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
dewiz1 is a jewel in the roughdewiz1 is a jewel in the roughdewiz1 is a jewel in the roughdewiz1 is a jewel in the roughdewiz1 is a jewel in the roughdewiz1 is a jewel in the roughdewiz1 is a jewel in the roughdewiz1 is a jewel in the roughdewiz1 is a jewel in the roughdewiz1 is a jewel in the roughdewiz1 is a jewel in the rough

Oh I have been officially deaf since I was 6, never stopped me from doing any thing, Have been riding since I can remember starting with mini bikes, a Sprint 350, 650 BSA and now my 883xlc. Let me say this, most deaf consider themselves NORMAL as everyone else except we dont hear. But we see too much (lol, dont get me started on that)Most of the guys I ride with consider me a bro and know they can expect me to handle everything fine. Have even saved the group from getting nailed serveral times cuz I think ahead. Oh Hey I'm cool with ya! Oh yeah rideing for 37 yrs so far.

Last edited by dewiz1; 11th May 2011 at 02:38.. Reason: added the last few words
Old 11th May 2011
Pats fight back Z's dead.

Sportster/Buell Model: sportsterR
Sportster/Buell Year: 2105
Other Motorcycle Model: 82 1000sz katana
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewiz1 View Post
Oh I have been officially deaf since I was 6, never stopped me from doing any thing, Have been riding since I can remember starting with mini bikes, a Sprint 350, 650 BSA and now my 883xlc. Let me say this, most deaf consider themselves NORMAL as everyone else except we dont hear. But we see too much (lol, dont get me started on that)Most of the guys I ride with consider me a bro and know they can expect me to handle everything fine. Have even saved the group from getting nailed serveral times cuz I think ahead. Oh Hey I'm cool with ya! Oh yeah rideing for 37 yrs so far.
Interesting...do you feel the bike on vibration and know if it is sick or not?
Old 11th May 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
worn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of light

My wife is deaf, and no she doesn't ride but she drives just fine. Through her I know many other deaf people and a number of them ride Harleys.
One advantage is they don't have irritating stereos blasting on their bikes!
So, what's the problem?
Old 11th May 2011
Pats fight back Z's dead.

Sportster/Buell Model: sportsterR
Sportster/Buell Year: 2105
Other Motorcycle Model: 82 1000sz katana
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by worn View Post
My wife is deaf, and no she doesn't ride but she drives just fine. Through her I know many other deaf people and a number of them ride Harleys.
One advantage is they don't have irritating stereos blasting on their bikes!
So, what's the problem?
Funny,

But i am going deaf after 30 years of industrial work. I have accepted this fact and am adjusting......like how vibration now dictates my life.

New synapses have opened up in my brain that allows me to " see " a different way.
Old 11th May 2011
Senior Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Softail Deluxe
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FLHX Street Glide
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2010
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200N (sold)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
funnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretblend View Post
...If a deaf or hard of hearing person came up and told you they wanted to learn how to ride, what would you say?
I'd say, there's a school for that...