The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Bison Motorsports  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Health and Fitness
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Health and Fitness Here you can post and discuss health and fitness.

Members Birthdays
Foxcreek Leather
Foxcreek Leather
Lowbrow Customs
Lickscycles

Sky Smith Insurance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2011
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 1987
Kudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the rough
Default Marine Corp Prep Training

Just thought I would share with you guys I'm leaving for the corp. Waiting to get my test asvab scores up a bit higher (looking for a 90+) and my physical toughness up A LOT.

Also getting rid of a bunch of bad habits.....
Stopping smoking (Havent had a cigarette in 2 weeks )
Stop biting my finger nails (Putting on this nasty tasting fingernail polish and it works)
Sitting up straight (Thats a work in progress)
Getting 8 hours of sleep a night (thats alot harder then I thought, I am used to only getting 4-5 a night)

Looking to be in Basic training around christmas. Once I take my asvab and hit meps I will get into DEP and get my enlist my date.

Looking to get 25 pull ups, Sub 18 minute 3 mile, 100+ crunches 2 minutes ( already successful!)

I will be taking some pictures of myself and seeing how I do after 30 days. I will keep you updated. ( Already been on this program for a week but want to see 30 days time)

But working out hard. Only 1500 calories a day.... only

Cycling 30 minutes a day with between 300-500 calorie burn

Isolation muscle training.

Rest Monday and Tuesday (cardio only)

Wednesday - Chest (Cardio Abs)
3 sets of bench press
3 sets of incline bench press
3 sets of decline bench press
3 sets of incline dumbbell flies
3 sets of cable cross overs

Thursday - Quadriceps (Cardio Abs)
3 sets of squats
3 sets of quadricep extensions
3 sets of leg press

Friday - Back and Calves (Cardio Abs)
4 sets of pull-ups
3 sets of lat pull downs
3 sets of barbell rows
3 sets of single arm dumbbell rows
3 sets of donkey calf raises
3 sets of seated calf raises

Saterday - Arms (Cardio Abs)
3 sets of seated double arm dumbbell curls
3 sets of easy bar curls
3 sets of tricep extensions
3 sets of standing tricep pulldowns
3 sets of 21's

Sunday - Shoulders and hamstrings (Cardio Abs)
3 sets of stiff dead lifts
3 sets of hamstring curls
3 sets of military press
3 sets of standing dumbbell flies

warm up set
medium set
heavy set

If anyone has any input or help in getting me to my goal let me know.
1987 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 conversion 1250. Python 3 exhaust, S&S super E Carb, Ported and polished heads, Ported intake manifold, ev3 Cams, Dunlop 401 F, Dunlop K591 Rear, Dual disc front brakes, Progressive front springs, Rear 401 springs/shocks.
Old 19th May 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDWG
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
pquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant future

If you're exercising that hard 1500 calories isn't enough, you'll waste away to nothing and won't get stronger, just smaller. Calories aren't necessarily your enemy, just make they're good calories. Good luck, sounds like you've got plan.
Old 19th May 2011
Banned

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
AsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond repute

Thats awesum Kudofo, THANK YOU for your future service, and good luck with all the bad habits.
Old 19th May 2011
Flat Track Racer

Kudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the roughKudofo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pquirk View Post
If you're exercising that hard 1500 calories isn't enough, you'll waste away to nothing and won't get stronger, just smaller. Calories aren't necessarily your enemy, just make they're good calories. Good luck, sounds like you've got plan.
Its to loose a bunch of extra weight. I am trying to lean down. Once I hit my goal I will stick to the 2500 calories plan to build muscle. Right now I am just under 200 lbs. I should be at 175 to be leaned out.

Once I lean my body fat down I will kick it into over drive. I basically have 6-7 months to train as hard as possible and pray I come out on top.
Old 19th May 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 S/ sold
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki M109R/ totaled
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
wilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant future

Sounds like you have a plan and focused on your goal, all it takes now is lots of hard work.

Good luck, and stick with it, you will be successful....

Old 19th May 2011
Flat Track Racer

Completely forgot my running schedule!

I will have to put that in later as its all scribbled on paper.
Old 19th May 2011
Super Moderator

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CB350 Cafe Style
Other Motorcycle Year: 1970
khaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud of

I did not see you list push-ups. If you are serious you better be able to do a lot of push-ups.

2006 883L
AN Big Sucker Stage 1
Rejetted Carb: Slow 45, Main 175
Vance & Hines Side Shots
Flat Track bars, 4" Joker Machine Risers
Joker Machine Speedo Mount
Speedway Instrument MicroTach
Mid Controls
Lepera Daytona Sport or Lepera Bare Bones Solo
Black Progressive 412 12.5" shocks
Progressive Fork Springs
Knock-off SE Fork Brace
Chopped Rear Fender
Custom Taillight

Ol' Greasy Karl of the Spirit Stalkers MC
Outlaw Name Generator

XLForum Business Card Template

BEFORE YOU CLIMB ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE, CHECK THAT THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE HANDLEBAR TO THE SEAT IS NEITHER TOO TIGHT NOR TOO LOOSE.
Old 19th May 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200c
DaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your choice to enlist in the Core.
Lots of cardio and running!!

Good luck and it would also not hurt to spend some time at the range or at least learn to strip and reassemble a M4 carbine!

Air shock information thread
Old 19th May 2011
Flat Track Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaSportster View Post
Congratulations on your choice to enlist in the Core.
Lots of cardio and running!!

Good luck and it would also not hurt to spend some time at the range or at least learn to strip and reassemble a M4 carbine!
I wont be touching a rifle until I am at Basic. I have heard of people playing rifleman and making bad habits and sucking on the range. Then I hear of people who have never held a gun in their life getting on the range listening to the instructors as if their word was from the mouth of God and scoring expert. I don't want to teach myself any bad habits. Trying to get rid of those!
Old 19th May 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 R
XLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud ofXLXR has much to be proud of

I never saw a weight machine when I was in, but that was a long time ago. Push ups, squats, jumping jacks, leg lifts, hold a 10 lb weight out in front and to the side of you as long as you can, climb rope, pull ups, run and jump in place, and runs far longer than 30 minutes. Put a 50 lb pack on your back and don't stop for 20 miles. Don't quit just because you achieve a certain number of reps, quit long after the pain becomes intolerable.

Good luck.
Ricor test rider for IAS Shocks, Intiminators and Vibranators. Works Dual Rate fork springs, fork brace, Avon Venom X tires, loosen drive belt, and set frame rails level to floor. Read the "7 Pages of Suspension" thread in the Suspension Sticky Index to learn how to fix your suspension.
Know Thy Hog