The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Riding with disability
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Riding with disability Discussions on how to ride with minor or major disabilities.

Members Birthdays
Energy One Clutches
Superbrace
Lowbrow Customs
883 Sportster

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
CFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really nice
Question Broken Collarbone

Has anyone here ever broke their Collarbone? I broke mine this past Saturday while riding a ATV. I know that healing times vary from 6 weeks up to 6 months depending on age and physical shape. I'd just lie to get an idea how long I'm gonna be out of the saddle. DAM!....Just when summers about to begin! THIS SUCKS!
Old 1st June 2011
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Softail custom
Other Motorcycle Year: 97
Phoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to all

My son fractured his when he was about 14. I think it took him about 8 weeks of pain and missing the swimming pool. He did his on a dirt bike. Also sorry to hear you broke yours.
Old 1st June 2011
Greasemonkey

CFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really niceCFL671 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlsjr65 View Post
My son fractured his when he was about 14. I think it took him about 8 weeks of pain and missing the swimming pool. He did his on a dirt bike. Also sorry to hear you broke yours.
Wow! 8 weeks when he was 14...... looks like I'll be down 8 months cause I'm 49....this is soooo depressing
Old 1st June 2011
Flat Track Racer

Phoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to allPhoenixsporty65 is a name known to all

noooooo,...not at all. Just the opposite I would think. He was a teenage boy still trying to ride bikes, wrestle and all that. Think about being 14 and how you do not take care of your injuries.
If he took care of it, it would not have been that long. Assuming you take care of it I would not expect any longer than 8 weeks.
Old 1st June 2011
Dazed and Confused

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
llsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to beholdllsmketr is a splendid one to behold

You are looking at about 6-8 weeks if you take it easy!! Don't forget to wear that figure-8 thing they gave, as it keeps the ends lined up and heal quicker. Good luck and you will be riding again before you know it!!!

Whats worse than not knowing: thinking you know!
Know Thy Hog

Old 1st June 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883 (Kim's now)
Sportster/Buell Year: 97
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Street Glide
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 08
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDXT
Other Motorcycle Year: 02
sportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond repute

Right one 3 times left twice and once both at the same time. Looking 5 to 8 weeks depending on how bad you want to ride.
Old 1st June 2011
Flat Track Racer

I totally agree with 6 to 8. Did not mean to scare you. Just take care of it and all will be good.
Old 2nd June 2011
Greasemonkey

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Living in Washington State where nice warm sunny days pretty much only happen in June, July and August makes me really value my riding time. I'll be sure to rest up and hopefully be able to get some riding time in by August.
Old 2nd June 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Uly (sold)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: 2010 Ural Patrol(sold)
Phaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond repute

Heal quick, hope your rideing soon and that we have a nice fall
Old 2nd June 2011
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
sportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond reputesportyblue has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, mine was broken for me when I was in the 3rd grade. Same as I am today.... defending my rights......(((((BAM))))) broken collar bone. It sticks out on one side.....apparently didn't heal up exactly right..... Seems like it didn't take all that long to heal up but did crap my style for awhile.

Hope it heals up quick for you.....
Know Thy Hog