The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Riding with disability
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Riding with disability Discussions on how to ride with minor or major disabilities.

Members Birthdays
Deathbreath (65), SpartanDen, B.C. TROLL (61), JDCIV (48), d_eggman2 (46), outalne94z71 (42), troy1 (41), chupacabra (40), pirate (40), Arslanoff
Figure Machine
Motor Stage
Lickscycles
Get Lowered

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2011
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 1200r
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: cb 750 honda
Other Motorcycle Year: 1974
boxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the rough

broke both of mine twice,8-9 weeks,left not to bad but when i broke the right side its hell doing paper work if you no what i mean! just dont feel good left handed,lol
Old 2nd June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 72
Ranger121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im an x-ray tech here on Maui in the only hospital on island. I see at least two of these every week. Kids heal really fast if it's not seperated at the fracture point. You, a little longer. If the fractured ends are separated, it's not only very painful (getting much sleep?) but slow to heal. Do what they told you to do and......yeah, 6-8 weeks. Sorry for your bad luck, Bruddah.
Old 3rd June 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
letsgoride is a name known to allletsgoride is a name known to allletsgoride is a name known to allletsgoride is a name known to allletsgoride is a name known to allletsgoride is a name known to allletsgoride is a name known to allletsgoride is a name known to allletsgoride is a name known to allletsgoride is a name known to allletsgoride is a name known to all

Don't rush the recovery. I'm not as young as I was when I busted my left and should have stayed off it. Ended up taking much longer to heal.

Both at the same time! Damn that had to suck.
Old 3rd June 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XLC
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDWG
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
pquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant future

It really depends on how bad the break was. Mine was really bad and bone had to fill in about an inch gap, it took forever. If it's not bad it could be a couple weeks. If it's bad surgery would speed things up, they put a plate on there to stabilize the ends. I wish'd I'd have done that but my doc said it was a bad idea...idiot.

There's a doc on Thumpertalk.com that has a medical forum there are hundreds of posts aout collarbone breaks, I wish I'd have read up.
Old 3rd June 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XLC
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDWG
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
pquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant futurepquirk has a brilliant future

Check this out. I don't know if you'll have to register, but if you search on collarbone, you'll have hours of reading enjoyment...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48
Know Thy Hog

Old 4th June 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL - Sold
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1979
sportymike02 has a reputation beyond reputesportymike02 has a reputation beyond reputesportymike02 has a reputation beyond reputesportymike02 has a reputation beyond reputesportymike02 has a reputation beyond reputesportymike02 has a reputation beyond reputesportymike02 has a reputation beyond reputesportymike02 has a reputation beyond reputesportymike02 has a reputation beyond reputesportymike02 has a reputation beyond reputesportymike02 has a reputation beyond repute

dont forget---Milk, it does a body good!!