The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Zipper's Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > REGIONAL FORUMS > Asia > Singapore
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Nightrider, jim wiseman (63), gone2dalake (61), bobzimm (58), JMan (47), csaintg (45), tinydawg (43), B.Curvin (43), eskiv (34), 05bluesportster (33), joka646 (30)
Fix My Hog
Energy One Clutches
Foxcreek Leather
Lowbrow Customs

S&S Cycle

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th April 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
fit is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyasman View Post
The riding scene in Singapore is still strong actually. Many fancy machines, jus pity that the law is pretty strict on things.

If youre referring to cub riders then no, we do not have many of them here - except the foreign workers who work here, generally more in the northern and western area of Singapore.
Hi Guys,
I'm from Singapore too...yup is true...there's alot of fancy HD..however they seldom ride out..but once in awhile, you will tends 2 see them riding in the night blasting down the orchard town area...
Old 6th June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki Boss
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
Old Farang will become famous soon enoughOld Farang will become famous soon enoughOld Farang will become famous soon enoughOld Farang will become famous soon enoughOld Farang will become famous soon enoughOld Farang will become famous soon enough

Here in Thailand it is wet and hot too.

We wear shorts, T shirt, sandals and a well ventilated lid - then try like hell not to fall off.

Walk around and you will see that every young Thai person has road-rash scars, my collection is coming on well!
Braided lines
Old 8th June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
BMyaz85 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I went to Singapore, it was beastly hot (and I'm from Texas). Singapore is at 1 degree latitude and in shopping centers, they spray mist on people like at an amusement park. All I can say is if you're planning on riding there, you have big balls. The stereotype is true.
Old 8th June 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster / XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
St_Anger is on a distinguished roadSt_Anger is on a distinguished roadSt_Anger is on a distinguished roadSt_Anger is on a distinguished roadSt_Anger is on a distinguished road

Singapore was pretty humid when I visited last year. Saw a lot of people on bikes and they were completely unperturbed when it started to pour.

Just went out for a ride this evening where its about 45 degrees in the UAE. 10 steps to reach my bike and my matte black fulmer V2 was glistening like wet paint!
Old 23rd September 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron 883
G.Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, i'm from Singapore. Just got my Iron, but i've been riding for 8 years now. For most of those years i've commuted to work by motorbike.

The trick is to avoid riding during the mid-afternoons unless it's mostly highway riding. For commutes, mornings and evenings should be fine for the most part as your likely to live within 30 mins from the office anyways.

For long rides, we would cross the border into Malaysia.
Know Thy Hog

Old 24th September 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883R
jonomo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Man View Post
Hey guys, i'm from Singapore. Just got my Iron, but i've been riding for 8 years now. For most of those years i've commuted to work by motorbike.

The trick is to avoid riding during the mid-afternoons unless it's mostly highway riding. For commutes, mornings and evenings should be fine for the most part as your likely to live within 30 mins from the office anyways.

For long rides, we would cross the border into Malaysia.
Would it help if you got a liquid cooled bike? Do they run noticeably cooler?

One thing I remember about riding my Spotstervis how much I hated sitting in traffic and all the heat that would come off the bike.
Old 25th September 2011
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonomo View Post
Would it help if you got a liquid cooled bike? Do they run noticeably cooler?

One thing I remember about riding my Spotstervis how much I hated sitting in traffic and all the heat that would come off the bike.
Jonomo, aren't you in Singapore yet? I had a 1300cc liquid cooled bike. Ran even hotter. Perhaps coz it's 1300cc, but perhaps coz the fan that cools the bike blew it in my face!

The sportster definitely runs cooler than my 1300. But it ain't apples-to-apples.

If you avoid the lunch time runs, you'll be fine.
Old 25th September 2011
Biker

I've been in Singapore for a few weeks now and I've been keeping my eye open for a good motorcycle deal. These days I'm not too stuck on Sportster only. I've been keeping an eye out for metric cruisers as well.

I live in Clementi and commute to Tanjong Pagar. I ride my bicycle to the office from time to time. And as long as you avoid the mid day heat, then it seems alright.
Old 25th September 2011
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMyaz85 View Post
When I went to Singapore, it was beastly hot (and I'm from Texas). Singapore is at 1 degree latitude and in shopping centers, they spray mist on people like at an amusement park. All I can say is if you're planning on riding there, you have big balls. The stereotype is true.
I've never seen a shopping center that actually sprays mist on people. Every shopping center I've been to here has blazingncold air cnditioning. With the humidity any kind of mist would probably make things worse IMHO.
Old 25th September 2011
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonomo View Post
I've been in Singapore for a few weeks now and I've been keeping my eye open for a good motorcycle deal. These days I'm not too stuck on Sportster only. I've been keeping an eye out for metric cruisers as well.

I live in Clementi and commute to Tanjong Pagar. I ride my bicycle to the office from time to time. And as long as you avoid the mid day heat, then it seems alright.
My office is in Tanjong Pagar too. Capital Towers.

Clementi to TP should be a decently pleasant commute in the mornings. I've had metrics, value for money but depending on the model u plan to get, aftermarket parts and accessories are harder to get - something worth noting imo. Plus Harleys hold their value better (if you buy pre-owned). We you get your new wheels, let me know, maybe meet up for a ride.
Know Thy Hog