The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum RYCA MOTORS  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life This is where you can discuss human relations topicsthat are important to you. Please keep the discussion intelligent and remember EVERYONE has their own opinion.

DO NOT LET YOUR DISCUSSIONS HERE BLEED INTO THE OPEN FORUMS!!!

Members Birthdays
Motor Stage
Ironworks Magazine
Lickscycles
Energy One Clutches

NRHS Performance Long 2

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2011
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 IRON/Now 1200 Iron
Sportster/Buell Year: 09
Other Motorcycle Model: 100th Anniversary V-Rod
Other Motorcycle Year: 03
VEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
I've been right where you are. She wont quit until she wants to. But, then be prepared for a lifetime of "one drink away from disaster." That's, of course, if she really is an alcoholic. I'm not in anyway disparaging AA, addicts, etc.; all I'm saying is the partner really has to know what he/she is getting into and honestly ask himself/herself if they can live with it. My wife started out as a hard partier too. We were married for 9.5 years. The last three of which I supported her (financially, emotionally, etc.) through all sorts of detox, therapy, AA, etc. The last straw was when she met someone at an AA meeting and they ending up going to get drunk togther. Apparently I wanted her sobiety more than she did. We separated the next day.
Sounds like someone I dated awhile back. It was to much for me, I already have children I wanted a relationship with an adult. That wasn't going to happen, to me she made her choice and I made mine. I'm not dating anyone now but maybe some day the right one will come along. I lost the best one! My wife to cancer 9 yrs ago.
Kid Rock!

[B]Good Day for a Bad Attitude[/B][/B]:smoke
Old 23rd October 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
ricca89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Prepare yourself for some major drama when she starts nursing school it seems like everything goes crazy, she will have to pull herself together or she won't make it through nursing classes and clinical rotations. Maybe that will help her get her act together but it sounds more like the problem is that she disrespectful & inconsiderate.

Good luck
Old 23rd October 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Tobes is just really niceTobes is just really niceTobes is just really niceTobes is just really niceTobes is just really niceTobes is just really niceTobes is just really niceTobes is just really niceTobes is just really niceTobes is just really niceTobes is just really nice

She comes home drunk and horny and wants a bit of action and you turf her out!?!

Look on the positive... She came home to you for the action!
Old 23rd October 2011
Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: FXR
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
Mattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of lightMattbastard is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
She comes home drunk and horny and wants a bit of action and you turf her out!?!

Look on the positive... She came home to you for the action!
At this point, I could care less about that. The suffering ain't worth the poon.

Here's the funny part, it happened again last night. She's asleep on the couch cause I kicked her drunk lying ass out and I'm sick of this relationship. BTW, she ended up failing that clinical last spring and now she's taking it again this semester.
Old 23rd October 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
DaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update.
Dont they make a prescription that makes you intolerant of alcohol? Or at least a home brew remedy.
Its hard to get thru when they dont think they have a problem.

Good luck

Air shock information thread
Know Thy Hog

Old 23rd October 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C (Traded in)
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha FJR1300A
Other Motorcycle Year: 2014
Teehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant future

Cut her loose... no future in the bottom of a bottle. Don't let the holiday's soften you up. Stay strong and good luck.
Old 25th October 2011
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
seagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of lightseagullplayer is a glorious beacon of light

Unless YOU change something you have this to look forward to for the rest of your life.

Fool me once... you know the rest.
Old 25th October 2011
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: 07 883 X2 plus 5 Buells
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 92
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 96
Other Motorcycle Model: and 2 more!!
NRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant future

Matt,
I divorced my first wife for most of the same reasons. You are doing the right thing now. Don't wait till you are either married or have a kid with her to end it as it will be much harder then.
www.nrhsperformance.com

Taking down the competition one Bonneville record at a time!!