The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life This is where you can discuss human relations topicsthat are important to you. Please keep the discussion intelligent and remember EVERYONE has their own opinion.

DO NOT LET YOUR DISCUSSIONS HERE BLEED INTO THE OPEN FORUMS!!!

Members Birthdays
Motor Stage
Speedway Instruments
Lowbrow Customs
Biltwell

Sky Smith Insurance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2011
Battleship Sailor

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
lostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant future
Default 6 weeks ago after a year and a half...

my girlfriend wanted to revert back to just dating instead of living together. Now today she tells me she just wants to be friends.

I'm hurting a lot and very confused.

Didn't post up for advice. I just wanted to write it down. It helps me cope.

Thanks for putting up with me.
Old 30th October 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
BKnight is just really niceBKnight is just really niceBKnight is just really niceBKnight is just really niceBKnight is just really niceBKnight is just really niceBKnight is just really niceBKnight is just really niceBKnight is just really niceBKnight is just really niceBKnight is just really nice

OK so obviously she doesn't see a future with you the same way as you do. She's decided that you're not the guy she wants to marry or live with so move on and forget her. That happened to me after a seven year relationship. We were 3 years into the married part when she decided she wanted more freedom. Then when that wasn't all that she thought it would be asked me if we could start dating again. Implying that we could probably get back together again and life would go back to the way it was before she left.

My biggest problem with that was even though I still loved her at the time I was scared when the next time would be that she would decide something like this. There was no discussion about problems or issues with the marriage or relationship at all. She just decided that's what she wanted and because she didn't try to work out the issues, just left, I refused to take her back.

Today I've been married to the same woman for 32 years and we have two great chikdren. Don't know what happened to the other girl I used to love so much. Could be dead for all I know and I don't really care. Just really happy that I put her behind me and moved on to something that turned out way better than I'm sure sticking with the first one would have.

So as difficult as it may be now, move on with your life. Find a new girl that will love you and forget about the one that doesn't want to share a life with you. It'll be the smartest thing you do.
Old 30th October 2011
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
cotnballs is just really nicecotnballs is just really nicecotnballs is just really nicecotnballs is just really nicecotnballs is just really nicecotnballs is just really nicecotnballs is just really nicecotnballs is just really nicecotnballs is just really nicecotnballs is just really nicecotnballs is just really nice

Its time to do her friends!!
Old 30th October 2011
Battleship Sailor

lostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant future

BK, the advice is spot on. I'm good at dishing it out but poor on taking it. I need to wallow in self pity for a little while before starting down the road again.

She does have some hot friends.
Old 30th October 2011
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
PilotCrabby is a name known to allPilotCrabby is a name known to allPilotCrabby is a name known to allPilotCrabby is a name known to allPilotCrabby is a name known to allPilotCrabby is a name known to allPilotCrabby is a name known to allPilotCrabby is a name known to allPilotCrabby is a name known to allPilotCrabby is a name known to allPilotCrabby is a name known to all

You lucky bastard!!!!! Start talking to some of her friends. Just don't do it out of spite, or it will bite you in the ass (maybe literally, but you know what I was getting at!).
Know Thy Hog

Old 30th October 2011
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250
Sportster/Buell Year: '02
Phillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostNdallas View Post
She does have some hot friends.
Now you tell me

Sorry to hear this man, stuff happens for the best wether it seems that way or not. I've had some really rough times getting over girls I knew weren't right for me, it's weird how that happens.

Take your time, the right one will come around.
Old 30th October 2011
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1991
LuckyThirteen08 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckyThirteen08 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckyThirteen08 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckyThirteen08 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckyThirteen08 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckyThirteen08 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckyThirteen08 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckyThirteen08 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckyThirteen08 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckyThirteen08 is a glorious beacon of lightLuckyThirteen08 is a glorious beacon of light

Sure is a nice day to go riding....
Old 31st October 2011
Battleship Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyThirteen08 View Post
Sure is a nice day to go riding....
On a positive note since bringing my motorcycle back home 6 weeks ago, I've driven my truck less than 200 miles.

Put in around 100 on the motorcycle and 20 on the mountain bike just today.