The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > VENDORS > DK Custom Products
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Zanzibar, stvmike (60), Leroywulf (56), Erik (53), SoCal Harley (48), drew96 (36), Reverend_d (34)
DK Customs
Bison Motorsports
DK Customs
883 Sportster

Biltwell

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2011
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1982
Other Motorcycle Model: XL project
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
Flame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond repute

Like the XLF isn't a social network?

Gamertag, Xbox Live: Bikerdude Dref
Old 14th December 2011
チェッカー

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L/1200L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Baphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond repute

I used to do Facebook. When my account got hacked and every one on my friends list started getting PM's in my name with bogus request and scams I figured I'd just report it and let FB take care of it. They were not interested and non-communicative. I figure 'screw em' and shut down my account. Not so much that I got hacked, but that they didn't care that I got hacked.

As for the photo contest, perhaps there is an alternative way to submit the photos.
Old 14th December 2011
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1972
Counter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud of

I have a facebook account. I have one friend. It is my son. He posts all the time. Therefore I know what is going on in his life. I do not post anything or add friends. I do not think he remembers that I am on his friend list. If he does, he is over caring what I think of his daily actions. As long as we get together for dinner regularly, I don't ever mention that I know what he is doing daily due to his facebook updates.

I check it once a day, sort of like looking in his room every morning when he was growing up. I guess this makes me part of the 1/3 with an *.

I have three motorcycle forums of which this is one that satisfy my social needs when I am not riding, where I can get questions answered and where I can spout internet expertise. That is enough for me. Several of my riding groups have developed facebook pages. I have not been to them despite cries that they are posting all the updates, photos, etc. They have learned to just call and say, "Hey, we're going for a ride, if you want to go meet us at Steve's by 9:00." At least I am not leaning over my smart phone all the time bitching about the smart phone facebbok app. (My son made that post earlier this week.)

I think this thread got hijacked, when I logged on I thought I would see some interesting photos of riders. If I do, I want to see them here, not on some facebook page elsewhere. If you post a photo for this contest, post it here as well so us 20th century types can see what you look like.
Old 15th December 2011
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
DK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud of

I don't feel hijacked by the facebook naysayers...sorta interesting to me to read the posts.

The picture contest we are running on facebook is one for the 400+ people already on our facebook page. I mentioned it here because I thought some here may want to get in on it.

From the interest here, and the highly vocal non-facebookers here, I am pretty sure we will run a similar contest here just for XLForum members sometime in 2012.

Oh, and when we do, I will announce it on our facebook page. lol
Old 15th December 2011
Dont know nuthin

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1975
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki KZ650
Rog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant future

Haha.....if you do that then youll have the people on FB saying their not going to some stupid forum time waster
Know Thy Hog

Old 15th December 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 88
hmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to beholdhmiller is a splendid one to behold

Your contest, your rules.
Old 15th December 2011
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1972
Counter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud ofCounter Steer has much to be proud of

Nice response. I went and looked at your stuff. Nothing I need today but I will bookmark it for future reference. Looking at buying a '60s 900 project bike this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK Custom View Post
I don't feel hijacked by the facebook naysayers...sorta interesting to me to read the posts.

The picture contest we are running on facebook is one for the 400+ people already on our facebook page. I mentioned it here because I thought some here may want to get in on it.

From the interest here, and the highly vocal non-facebookers here, I am pretty sure we will run a similar contest here just for XLForum members sometime in 2012.

Oh, and when we do, I will announce it on our facebook page. lol
Old 15th December 2011
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I'm gonna catch hell for this. Why would anyone put their private info on a public media like FB? They sell your info to anyone with enough money. Once you're on there you can never delete your information. You can de-activate but not delete. It's just a way for big brother to keep track of the flock.
Old 15th December 2011
Dont know nuthin

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1975
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki KZ650
Rog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant future

We are all safe.......we wear tin foil hats.