The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
wallylach (63), cob (60), decman (58), djhannu (52), Vaughn, irishhog (45), dangjalopy (41), earthoverdrive (36), edman87k5 (35), 79iron (32), mr_anti_chrome
Motor Stage
Sky Smith Insurance
Get Lowered
Figure Machine

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: '04
Hotel Larry is an unknown quantity at this point

Marisa Miller? Supermodel? Neh, first I've heard of her...
Old 22nd January 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Jimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplinson View Post
I just saw this on Foxnews.com and found it weird.

This is Drew Peterson, a Chicago police officer and currently a suspect in a missing wife case and the death of his third wife. Can you tell by the photo below what kind of motorcycle he is riding? Hint....look at the mirrors and speedometer. I think it is a Sportster Custom.

I just saw the made for TV movie "Drew Peterson, Untougchable!" yesterday, I wanted to see the sporty, but they had Rob Lowe (playing drew peterson) riding a Soft Tail with FX front end and drag bars.
Old 22nd January 2012
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1250 C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Sportster 883 C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
chrissenator has much to be proud ofchrissenator has much to be proud ofchrissenator has much to be proud ofchrissenator has much to be proud ofchrissenator has much to be proud ofchrissenator has much to be proud ofchrissenator has much to be proud ofchrissenator has much to be proud ofchrissenator has much to be proud ofchrissenator has much to be proud ofchrissenator has much to be proud of

It's a killer bike!!!
Old 25th January 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
worn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by paralegalpete View Post
The album art for Cheap Trick's second album, In Color features two of the band members astride Sportys
Recorded in 1977, so these must be ironheads
Nope. The one on the right is a Super Glide.
Old 27th January 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Jimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to all

I just saw on Top Gear where they showed Richard Hammonds motorcycle, he wasn't riding it, but it was a Sportster. That's the only mention I've ever heard of it.
(it was in the 2009 episode "3 1,500 pound RWD coupes", where they have to do 0 to 60 then stop before hitting something of theirs, hammond says it's his motorbike and there is a sportster parked between a piano and a drum set at the end of the track.)
Know Thy Hog

Old 14th February 2012
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1974
Other Motorcycle Model: Fatboy
Other Motorcycle Year: 2011
xlchjoe is a name known to allxlchjoe is a name known to allxlchjoe is a name known to allxlchjoe is a name known to allxlchjoe is a name known to allxlchjoe is a name known to allxlchjoe is a name known to allxlchjoe is a name known to allxlchjoe is a name known to allxlchjoe is a name known to allxlchjoe is a name known to all

If I couldn't laugh I just would go insane
Old 11th July 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
oupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant futureoupa has a brilliant future

Anybody post David Crosby yet? I have that somewhere.
Old 2nd November 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Schrumbum08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like the lead singer, Mitch Lucker, for a metal band called suicide silence died on a new 2013 Sportster 48 yesterday after a crash Halloween night. I never really got into his music but he seemed like a good guy. I saw a video of the band doing some charity work for kids one Christmas.
Info on the crash
http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/m...torcycle_crash

couple pics of his bike before

http://web.stagram.com/n/mitchypoosays/
Old 3rd November 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
shooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to allshooterj2003 is a name known to all

I'll bet Jay Leno has at least one!
Old 3rd November 2012
Senior Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Softail Deluxe
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FLHX Street Glide
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2010
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200N (sold)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
funnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond reputefunnythebunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Hoffa View Post
I just saw on Top Gear where they showed Richard Hammonds motorcycle, he wasn't riding it, but it was a Sportster. That's the only mention I've ever heard of it.
(it was in the 2009 episode "3 1,500 pound RWD coupes", where they have to do 0 to 60 then stop before hitting something of theirs, hammond says it's his motorbike and there is a sportster parked between a piano and a drum set at the end of the track.)
Actually, this is what the Hamster rides...