The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
yeller1200, IronMick (72), painter (65), motobob883 (62), rickxx (60), MRCLEEN (42), Wetcheez (41)
Lowbrow Customs
Fix My Hog
Energy One Clutches
Lowbrow Customs

Foxcreek Leather

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd January 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1988
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki KLR 650
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
BCR226 is a glorious beacon of lightBCR226 is a glorious beacon of lightBCR226 is a glorious beacon of lightBCR226 is a glorious beacon of lightBCR226 is a glorious beacon of lightBCR226 is a glorious beacon of lightBCR226 is a glorious beacon of lightBCR226 is a glorious beacon of lightBCR226 is a glorious beacon of lightBCR226 is a glorious beacon of lightBCR226 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Let the madness begin! (tank swap)

I love my sporty but the only thing that bothers me is the small peanut tank on it. So, I decided to do something about that. What was to be a simple modded tank install has turned into an adventure.

First, here's my bike before the modding started...

Here, the tank has been fitted and we're trying to see what seats might work with this...

Here's another...

And one more...

Now, we're going to move the tail light, the tag and stuff. Still not sure what I want to do about the seat but I decided to play with colors on the tank. This is slightly off but it gives the idea of what I'm thinking for color. A basic black that would be shot as a fine metal flake. What isn't shown is what graphic I would like to put on it. I want a ghosted skeleton European dragon with red eyes on each side of the tank. The dash might go chrome or silver or black... I don't know yet. But, here's my photochop...

Any input from you guys?

Thanks!

Mike