The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage Here is where you post discussions about seating and luggage

Members Birthdays
Bison Motorsports
Ironworks Magazine
Zippers Performance
RYCA Motors

Lickscycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st March 2012
Greasemonkey

Badgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexpanther View Post
any pic of the inside of the bag? hows the bags rigidity - does it have any internal frame?

only ask as ive had 2 different side solos on my sporty and they lose their shape quite badly without some kind of inner structure
The Backside of the bag is rigid as it has a plastic backing plate mounted firmly to the frame which I think will help to maintain the overall shape.
Leather does stretch over time but only if under stress therefore if the bag is overloaded with heavy stuff it is bound to alter shape a little.

I can try to take a pic of the inside in a few days.

I'm doing a long days ride in a few days time if the weather is good and the bag should come into it's own with the few essentials I'm taking with me.
I'll let you all know how I get on with pics.

Hope this helps.
Old 28th March 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
lt-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Doe's anyone know how the bag attaches to the bracket? I'm not really happy with my Licks Solo Bag zip tie and strap method.

thanks
Old 28th March 2012
Greasemonkey

Badgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really niceBadgerpolice is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt-white View Post
Doe's anyone know how the bag attaches to the bracket? I'm not really happy with my Licks Solo Bag zip tie and strap method.

thanks
Hi, take a look at the 1st pic - it shows the bracket and the 4 screw areas that the bag attaches. It is very secure.
I did 317 miles the other day and the bag was excellent storing food/fleece and a couple of other small essential things.
I'm very pleased with it.
Old 28th March 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
lt-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I was pretty sure that was how it was fastened. Just had to make sure before I ordered. I found one at Surdyke Harley for 175.96, to good of a deal to pass up.
Old 28th March 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FLD Switchback
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2012
Other Motorcycle Year: 1979
CrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to behold

looks nice
Know Thy Hog

Old 29th March 2012
Brass Nut

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200V
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883C … long gone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDB … gone!
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Folkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerpolice View Post
How was Cheddar? Was it Gorge-ous?

Seat looks great!
'The green machine'
Old 10th April 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883r
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
anagram is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you fit this with 14" shocks and mid controls?
Old 13th April 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 low
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Gillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the rough

Got mine mounted tonight. Sucks that I stripped the top bolt on the passenger when I tried to remove it. At least it is on the opposite side and I can drill it out. Can't wait to try the bag out.

Last edited by Gillespk; 13th April 2012 at 18:54..
Old 13th April 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 low
Gillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the roughGillespk is a jewel in the rough

Got the black bag. Got my first use out of it running to the grocery store. I will look for any excuse to ride and use the new bag!!!!
Old 13th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster 1200
Other Motorcycle Model: XS 650
Other Motorcycle Year: 1983
rustypapa is a jewel in the roughrustypapa is a jewel in the roughrustypapa is a jewel in the roughrustypapa is a jewel in the roughrustypapa is a jewel in the roughrustypapa is a jewel in the roughrustypapa is a jewel in the roughrustypapa is a jewel in the roughrustypapa is a jewel in the roughrustypapa is a jewel in the roughrustypapa is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info... I am actually in the market for a swing arm bag, and haven't seen this yet. Very nice!