The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Motor / Engine > Sportster Motorcycle Motor - Top End
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Motor - Top End Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Top End issues. Rockerboxes, Valves, Cylinders, Pistons, Rings, Lift Rods, etc...

Members Birthdays
hawkeye (66), Rigpa (46), petersca (35)
Lowbrow Customs
Energy One Clutches
Motor Stage
DK Customs

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th March 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo XL Sidecar
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
JasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenralph View Post
This has been quite informative. By the time your done I will know why I was too inept to get my Aerocharger ever to work on my bike. Lots of good discussion here and nobody called anyone else an A-hole yet.
Honestly, from what you've said and what I've read about your adventure I believe in my heart you were right on the edge of having it work bud... I think you were right there but the tunner you used felt it was too much trouble to figure it out and just said it doesn't work. I think you were on the line and if you woulda tinkered or chatted with carb/turbo VW or other car guys woulda had a huge success

Theres no A-holes here... just people putting ideas into the pot and seeing what sticks or how one thought may change the outcome somewhere else...

Edit:

What ASW is talking about with overlap is the internal pressures of the motor expelling via any open hole. I think now that I look at it more and really think it though... the internal pressures are higher than the pressures coming in so it fights the intake side. Once it leaves via the exhaust or intake port pressure drops right away. the valve and seat are acting as a restriction because the cyl volume is much larger than the volume of air that can move out of the space between the valve and seat... so the ports combustion chamber side is acting as a vnturi speeding up the air flow but on the back side of the port you have speed and volume rather than pressure. So pressure is internal not external. Dunno if that sparks new thoughts or not but its kinda a cool "science geek" idea that I really like about these discussions. I really like knowing the why's not just that it works. I geek out on WHY things happen. Making something work is always cool but understanding why it works is always my goal. So this discussion back and forth has made me think about things I never really wondered about

Last edited by JasonSarratt; 24th March 2012 at 19:42..
Know Thy Hog