The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER & BUELL MOTORCYCLE RACING > Sportster Motorcycle Drag Racing
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Drag Racing Discuss drag racing on a Sportster Motorcycle.

Members Birthdays
Dead Creek Cycles
DK Customs
Get Lowered
NHRS Performance

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
ekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really nice
Default Mirock at Rockingham

Anyone ever race or spectate one of these events? Looks like mostly metric bikes but I'm planning on running the street e/t class with my sporty.

http://www.mirockracing.com/

Looks like you don't need any pre-registration, costs 60 dollars to enter the class and pays 500 to win. They have practice on Friday then two separate races on Saturday and Sunday for that specific class.

If anyone could tell me if they run 1/8 or 1/4 that would be helpful, doesn't say on the website anywhere. Assuming 1/4 judging by the index classes they have. I know they run the .500 tree for this class too which I'm not used to at all but I'm gonna give it a shot.
Old 13th March 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1250
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1981
fka466 will become famous soon enoughfka466 will become famous soon enoughfka466 will become famous soon enoughfka466 will become famous soon enoughfka466 will become famous soon enoughfka466 will become famous soon enoughfka466 will become famous soon enough

Its a 1/4 mile and im pretty sure ill be racing this event if you plan on going email me.

fka466@gmail.com
Old 13th March 2012
Know It All

ekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really niceekuhns is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fka466 View Post
Its a 1/4 mile and im pretty sure ill be racing this event if you plan on going email me.

fka466@gmail.com

Definitely going, email sent.
Old 27th March 2012
Know It All

So the Mirock at Rockingham event was awesome! Here is a picture of mine and Bretts bikes in the pits.

We get there Friday for practice and I was just unlocking the trailer and Brett pulls up and pitches his tent next to us, camped the whole weekend after riding 5 hours then rode home 5 hours Sunday! He is crazy!

As for the racing we both got knocked out in the first round both saturday and sunday in the Street E/T class but we had a great time!

My best time was an 11.73 @ 110, not sure what Bretts was but I know he was close to breaking into the 12's.

Anyway here are some pictures from our weekend, after we got knocked out early Saturday we had a pretty good time with the PBR!!!

I have to thank the XLF otherwise I would of never met Brett and had such a good time at Rockingham.

Old 16th April 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
TnG has a spectacular aura aboutTnG has a spectacular aura aboutTnG has a spectacular aura aboutTnG has a spectacular aura aboutTnG has a spectacular aura aboutTnG has a spectacular aura aboutTnG has a spectacular aura aboutTnG has a spectacular aura aboutTnG has a spectacular aura about

Looks like fun! 11.73 has me beat, nice run.