The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Burly  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Organize a Group Buy
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Organize a Group Buy Here is where you can organize a group buy. Anyone can organize a group buy to include commerical vendors. This is only section that non-supporting vendors may mention their products but only in conjunctions with a group buy.

Members Birthdays
hawkeye (66), Rigpa (46), petersca (35)
883 Sportster
CV Performance
Fix My Hog
Superbrace.com

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2012
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sporty 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
HoldFast48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Led Sled Springer group order.

Joe over at Led Sled is setting up the jig to knock out at least two wide springers for rubber mount frames. now is the time to get your order in! I told him I'd let the forum guys know now is the time to order and he said bring em!
Tell em Justin sent you!

As a side note I ordered mine at stock ride height. I thought about dropping an inch and matching Licks 10" shocks in the rear but I'm gonna run into clearance issues with my chain and my fender mod if I do....
So I'm keeping it at 21" from bottom of neck tube to axle center. I've given this a lot of thought so anyone considering the same I recommend 21" not 20"
Hell the bike is low enough already! And if you want u can still drop the rear but the last thing you want is the front lower than the rear combined with a springer!
Old 5th March 2012
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X "48"
YOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura about

The responsible side of me is telling me to walk away for now but damn I really want one of their springers.

Mind if I ask how much you were quoted?
Old 5th March 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FLD Switchback
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2012
Other Motorcycle Year: 1979
CrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to behold

I'd be in for one depending on the price.
Old 5th March 2012
Flat Track Racer

YOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura about

Also what about your brake for this setup? Will you still be able to use the stock caliper/rotor? I believe that was one of the issues you had on the Zero springer you had.
Old 5th March 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
rpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of lightrpoz20 is a glorious beacon of light

Agreed. Depends on price.

Old 5th March 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 48 (XL1200X)
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Sportster Hardtail
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1994
Sportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the rough

I'm interested too, depending on a couple of things.

Biggest problem for me is location, being in the UK I need to know with a degree of certainty that it's going to fit etc.

So what about the brake set up, wheel spacers, risers etc? Are Led Sled creating a 'kit' for you? Just curious to know how much fabrication I might have to do if I go for it.

Exciting news though!
Old 5th March 2012
Flat Track Racer

First off the price: I only put down half. I forget the exact price, but it think it's $1,175 or something.

Second - the brake set up: I'm just gonna use the Jay Brake set up they advise. I spent a good chunk of time shopping different options today and decided I didn't have a problem with Jay brake and it's a right side set up, so i guess that's kinda cool.
The bracket and four piston caliper is $378 total in polish. Chrome or Black Ano is total $441. Of course you can mix and match bracket / caliper finishes.

If you pick a different brake kit be sure to tell them because other wise they will likely build the springer for a right side brake but most kit's ( as I'm sure you all know) are for the left.

Let's see.... what else?
You get the 3/4" axle. They can supply the brake kit for the extra money or just order it yourself. I don't know if you save if you order with LS, but I do know LS only offers the polish finish.
You'll need a head lamp bracket. LS makes one... so does everyone else. You are on your own as far as axle spacers go. You will need a 3/4" bearing kit from HD. You'll have to change up your brake line hose (duh). Definitely can reuse your rotor.
Not sure if you get a torsion bolt for the caliper bracket???

Joe has said repeatedly that this will slide ride on with absolutely no problems.
It comes with top and bottom neck stem spacers and a top clamp. It does not come with risers (Zero kit did).

I'm not worried about the Springer fitting... Performance is another issue but I won't know till I'll try!!!! I'm just trying to figure out what mini speedo to use, where, and same for indicator lamps? I guess I'll hang some super mini bullets off the handle bars? I think Deville has a mini speedo that would hang off the rear jug on the left side. I'm also gonna look into Dakota. It's not like the Joker kit is gonna work any more!

The Zero kit was $2,500 (it did come with a caliper and bracket). I'm well below that mark so I'm cool with it.
I ordered last week and Joe said it should be done in 3 weeks when I talked to him today - They didn't touch the order last week.
That's all I got for now - but lastly on the price??? Who knows if they would drop it if they got a "forum group order". If a bunch of guys do decide to order I might just ask to get a good discount on the brake set up cause I know their making money on that end of the deal so I suspect that's where there would be some wiggle room.

Anyone else have a negotiating tactic worth mentioning?
Old 26th March 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 12
Sticky4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am interested. What are you don't for bars. I am worried about the ride though, and I would like to go for a shorter height.

Any updates?
Old 1st April 2012
Flat Track Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky4 View Post
I am interested. What are you don't for bars. I am worried about the ride though, and I would like to go for a shorter height.

Any updates?
Haven't heard from LS since I put the deposit down other than a few times I called them to ask questions about set up.
I've got a Jay Brake bracket and caliper waiting on the self.
Probably gonna use biltwell slimline risers and my stock bars OR I'm thinking about Biltwell low or high drag bars without risers....
Not sure what kinda height I'm gonna need.
The speedo is actually the snag.
The speedo I want is like $500 - it's a mini http://www.wwag.com/step/610/39449.jpg
I'm saving for it now but have a few other things going on - like moving expenses.
As excited as I am to put it all together I like to wait till I have all my parts compiled especially with spring coming.
I plan on calling LS on Monday to see what the deal is, they said 3-4 weeks. I know it's been at least three maybe four now.
Oh yeah you can order em any height you want. They like to build em low. I had to convince Joe to keep it 21"
Old 2nd April 2012
Flat Track Racer

That speedo is crazy tiny.
Know Thy Hog