The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum GL Sporster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > VENDORS > DK Custom Products
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Deathbreath (65), SpartanDen, B.C. TROLL (61), JDCIV (48), d_eggman2 (46), outalne94z71 (42), troy1 (41), chupacabra (40), pirate (40), Arslanoff
S&S Cycle
NHRS Performance
Licks Cycles
NRHS Performance Long 2

Fix My Hog

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200xlc
Sportster/Buell Year: 03
Other Motorcycle Model: KTM 450 exc-r, 400 exc
Other Motorcycle Year: 08
skd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura about
Default Guess I'm A DK products fan

today i just received my outlaw ac kit. and i love it. installation went smooth except the distance between the breather bolts on the heads was not perfect with the new bracket, but nothing a c clamp couldn't fix. love the look of it too. i was kind of skeptical about the performance gains but i went for the buy anyway. the bike fired up within a millisecond and sounds like it runs on brimstone and baby owls. the test ride proved it. sideways through every intersection . after i parked it i realized all of my favorite bolt on mods are all DK. tank lift, ignition and key relocation and ac. thank you dk. here are some pics to compensate for my most pointless post/ramble to date.

and here's a '48 from a car club that was heading to my school play that i saw on my ride.
Old 7th April 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: '12
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: '14
modular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to all

I agree. I also am running the Outlaw A/C. Nice product for a nice price.
Old 7th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883r -1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: 850 Yamaha TRX
Other Motorcycle Year: 98
tich has a reputation beyond reputetich has a reputation beyond reputetich has a reputation beyond reputetich has a reputation beyond reputetich has a reputation beyond reputetich has a reputation beyond reputetich has a reputation beyond reputetich has a reputation beyond reputetich has a reputation beyond reputetich has a reputation beyond reputetich has a reputation beyond repute

All looking good.
Is that astandard bad lander? It looks just right.
Old 7th April 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200xlc
Sportster/Buell Year: 03
Other Motorcycle Model: KTM 450 exc-r, 400 exc
Other Motorcycle Year: 08
skd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura aboutskd88 has a spectacular aura about

yes i believe so. i forget but that name sounds right. i love the low pro look. hopefully it wont throw off the look too much when i chop the fender. im in love with that seat
Old 11th April 2012
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
DK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by skd88 View Post
today i just received my outlaw ac kit. and i love it. installation went smooth except the distance between the breather bolts on the heads was not perfect with the new bracket, but nothing a c clamp couldn't fix. love the look of it too. i was kind of skeptical about the performance gains but i went for the buy anyway. the bike fired up within a millisecond and sounds like it runs on brimstone and baby owls. the test ride proved it. sideways through every intersection . after i parked it i realized all of my favorite bolt on mods are all DK. tank lift, ignition and key relocation and ac. thank you dk. here are some pics to compensate for my most pointless post/ramble to date.

and here's a '48 from a car club that was heading to my school play that i saw on my ride.
Hey skd88,

Just saw this post. Great pics, and Thanks for the feedback!
Know Thy Hog

Old 27th October 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200c
dbwittkopf will become famous soon enoughdbwittkopf will become famous soon enoughdbwittkopf will become famous soon enoughdbwittkopf will become famous soon enoughdbwittkopf will become famous soon enoughdbwittkopf will become famous soon enoughdbwittkopf will become famous soon enoughdbwittkopf will become famous soon enough

what about those breather bolts have you noticed any mess and what is the maintenance on them. Thanks Wil
Old 27th October 2012
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L
DK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud ofDK Custom has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbwittkopf View Post
what about those breather bolts have you noticed any mess and what is the maintenance on them. Thanks Wil
Oil stays behind the dual screens and dual filters. When you run HARD, there may be some misting on your A/C backplate...but not enough to cause dripping.

Depending on riding conditions, the filters need cleaning with hot soapy water every 5000 - 10,000 miles. It is a 20 minute job.
Old 27th October 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
XL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant future

Now you just need some DK footpegs. They are awesome!!