The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Motor / Engine > Sportster Motorcycle - Bottom End
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle - Bottom End Cams, Cases, Gears, Flywheel, Piston Conecting Rods, Oil Pump, etc...

Members Birthdays
nate74, daPainta (63), BobboJama (61), whoopeekat (60), steelbreeze (58), Rio (53), paragon (50), miztacrabbypants (45), Truck (40)
S&S Cycle
DK Customs
Lowbrow Customs
Foxcreek Leather

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th April 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883 XL1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 0409
LORD-ORI is a jewel in the roughLORD-ORI is a jewel in the roughLORD-ORI is a jewel in the roughLORD-ORI is a jewel in the roughLORD-ORI is a jewel in the roughLORD-ORI is a jewel in the roughLORD-ORI is a jewel in the roughLORD-ORI is a jewel in the roughLORD-ORI is a jewel in the roughLORD-ORI is a jewel in the roughLORD-ORI is a jewel in the rough
Default XL883 2005 engine are they using aluminum for the buttom case? crack on the buttom

I just got XL883 engine at the buttom of it an oil leaking , so i checked up on it and there has been a weld job from previous owner... and i guess not good enough to keep the oil from leaking... so now i want to weld it, is the new sportster buttom case using an aluminum case or steel material?