The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Bike Bandit  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
jdhickm (79), Chip (66), Chief4x4 (64), willyobiker (62), CBryant (61), XLCH69 (58), sage (55), VettesRule (52), jerseyjeff (52), TheExecutioner (49), SalTheWop (49), manic_mechanic, pauldmedic16 (40), BluegrassXL (36), Superman
DK Customs
Get Lowered
Ironworks Magazine
Motor Stage

Progressive Suspension

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: '12
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: '14
modular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to allmodular is a name known to all
Default So, on my ride today...

...I was thinking about possibly trading in the C for a Dyna Glide Custom at the end of the year. As I was riding I took notice of the Dyna's I came across. I thought what would I need a bigger bike for? Sure, it has the TC96, not even the 96B. More horses but over 100 pounds heavier. Slower steering, less agile. More comfortable on long trips/2-up, but I don't do either of those. I commute (7 miles each direction on surface streets) and ride back roads on the weekends to get away.

After my ride I stepped back from the bike and said, nope don't need a bigger bike. I love the C. It's so dang fun to ride!!!
Old 15th April 2012
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Year: 1987
Rogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of light

I went through the same thing about a month ago...thought the sporty might need upgrading, I may still get one one day, but the sporty is fine for now...Rog
Old 15th April 2012
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL50 0596 Black
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: E-Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Bob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to behold

I have a Sporty and an Eglide. Best of both worlds.

Sportys tend to keep getting faster the longer you own them.
Old 15th April 2012
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
td67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura about

I've comprehend an upgrade from time to time.. Bob has it right, keep the sporty and get a bagger.. Thats my when the time comes.
Old 15th April 2012
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by modular View Post
...I was thinking about possibly trading in the C for a Dyna Glide Custom at the end of the year. As I was riding I took notice of the Dyna's I came across. I thought what would I need a bigger bike for? Sure, it has the TC96, not even the 96B. More horses but over 100 pounds heavier. Slower steering, less agile. More comfortable on long trips/2-up, but I don't do either of those. I commute (7 miles each direction on surface streets) and ride back roads on the weekends to get away.

After my ride I stepped back from the bike and said, nope don't need a bigger bike. I love the C. It's so dang fun to ride!!!
Yep, I came to that conclusion myself. I do take some rides with the wife, but not much over 100 or 200 miles, so I still like to keep the agility. I'm not ready to retire to the couch yet. If I ever do it will be for a Shovel or earlier with hard tail, and nothing on it except what's necessary to keep it running.

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/m...outme&simple=1

Know Thy Hog