The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Burly  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Frame Mount EVO Sportster Talk (1986-2003 models)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
patc, Camera108 (61), pbudrovic (59), gene04 (57), guvnor (50), jrogers329 (44), ksoggs (39), dmurphy68 (37)
NRHS Performance Long 2
DK Customs
Motor Stage
DK Customs

Progressive Suspension

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
MacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to all
Default T-Bag Route 66 Bag

I just purchased a new T-Bag Route 66 Bag and was wondering if anyone on the Forum uses one. I'm installing it on my '02 XL1200C and am using an HD rack and 13" sissy bar. Any inout would be appreciated. By the way, I'm leaving Portland Or for the 2012 Laughlin River Run next Friday, and stopping in the SF bay area for a few days till we leave thursday.
Old 16th April 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH 883 Deluxe - sold now
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1986
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDWGi
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
CharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really niceCharlieB is just really nice

Don't have the Route 66, but I do have its bigger brother, the "Universal Expandable". Great bag. Absolutely well made. Fit and finish are hard to find fault with. Holds all my stuff, and then some...

Everything from zippers to seams and all edges inside and out are well finished. No stray threads. Everything stitched well.

The only "problem" I have is I preferred to _not_ cut the tie down straps, thinking that I might want to use it someday on another bike, and might need the extra length. I tried tucking them in, but tying them off works best. Going down to the army-navy and getting some webbing rings for one inch webbing would be perfect, and really for the price of things they could have included the whopping $2 of extra hardware and really spiffed out the bag. I'm really grasping at nit pics there.

I put mine over the sissy bar, it rests on the rack behind the bar. Strap it down to the directional stalks - plenty strong enough. More straps go to the back of the rack. Again - plenty strong enough there too.
Old 17th April 2012
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Year: 1987
Rogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of lightRogster is a glorious beacon of light

Model KVC8 is all mine says on the inside, says T-Bags on the side, I bought it at a yard sale for $10! its ~15 x 12 x 10...havent used it yet...but I couldnt pass it up...Rog
Old 17th April 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
MacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to all

I looked at the complete T-bag line as well as others, even from H-D. The reason I went with the Route 66 was because, I like things that 'roll', plus I picked it off Amazon for $50.00 less than retail. I have a smaller T-Bag roll bag which I attach to the bars, acts as a 'fairing' as the wind goes right over my head, I am satisfied with that set-up.