The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
Wardog (65), ZeD (62), JamieSporty95 (42), JStrong (37), llsmketr, Phelan (29)
Burly
BIKE BUILDER
Biltwell
RYCA Motors

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2012
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 883-1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Hogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterdude.248 View Post
Hoggy try this. http://www.repairclinic.com/General/Contact-Us click "get repair help" at the top left. I used them once for my fridge and once for my dryer, successful on both occasions.
Thanks! I have to go to work now but will definitely check it out when I get back!
Old 16th April 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1974
ultra...good has disabled reputation

This popped into my head somewhere over the night, or as I woke up; you said you had some power before you replaced the switch on the door, now you have nothing; maybe the "new" switch is junk?? Wouldn't be the first time I have seen a new piece that was just as good as what you are trying to replace. Food for thought anyway. And the transformer will be very close to where the power cord enters the unit.
Old 17th April 2012

Hogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant futureHogwylde has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra...good View Post
This popped into my head somewhere over the night, or as I woke up; you said you had some power before you replaced the switch on the door, now you have nothing; maybe the "new" switch is junk?? Wouldn't be the first time I have seen a new piece that was just as good as what you are trying to replace. Food for thought anyway. And the transformer will be very close to where the power cord enters the unit.
I thought about the new switch potentially being bad but being that I had to pay $54 and 6 days waiting for it, I'm trying to believe that it can't be the case....LOL
Old 17th April 2012
Boat Drinks

Sportster/Buell Model: sportsterR
Sportster/Buell Year: 2105
Other Motorcycle Model: 82 1000sz katana
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

Is there 12 volt to the switch?
Old 17th April 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireeman View Post
Is there 12 volt to the switch?
Unless I am testing it incorrectly I have no voltage going to it.
Know Thy Hog

Old 17th April 2012
Boat Drinks

Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

Chase it back....a relay or power source, should be next in line.
Old 17th April 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireeman View Post
Chase it back....a relay or power source, should be next in line.
I agree. If I remember correctly, I think I had 1 (one) volt hitting the switch.
Old 17th April 2012
Boat Drinks

1 would be a digital logic command. But i don't think that is so, probably just stray voltage.

What, by following the lines from the switch ( Btw is it a red and black 2 wire switch or 3 red/black white and green ), you should find the next junction at a fuse , power source, relay or transformer.

Transformers tend to look like a big coils wrapped in paper or gell.
Old 17th April 2012

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
dashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant future

I recently moved into a 10 year old house but the appliance instructions etc. were not left behind by the previous owner.

With the model numbers in hand and a little time on the Google machine, I was able to find instructions, wiring diagrams, exploded views, etc. for all the appliances.