The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sportster Motorcycle Project
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
DK Customs
Speedway Instruments
Superbrace.com
Motor Stage

Progressive Suspension

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250 Hammer Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Gcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep going Sky. There's light at the end of this tunnel.
Can't wait to hear the beast unleashed!!!!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading . "
--Thomas Jefferson

Hammer Performance 1250 kit w/ 30* Reverse Dome Pistons, Smash Level 883 Heads w/ 1.770 Intake/ 1.615 Exhaust & PAC Alloy Beehive Spring Pack, Impact 560 Lift Cams, Hammer Billet Aluminum Intake Manifold, Air Hammer Naked Billet Air Cleaner w/ 3" K&N Element, Mikuni HSR 42, Dynatek 2000P Ignition, Energy One Clutch w/ 15% Diaphram, Muller Power Clutch, Basanni Road Rage 2-1 Exhaust w/ 4" Performance Machine Billet Tip. Drag Specialties 8-Bolt Encapsulated Rotor, Cycle Electric Regulator and Stator.
Old 21st April 2012
outside the box racing

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo 1350 XLSR
Sportster/Buell Year: 99
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Turbo 1350 XLDS project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: 883->1330 dragster
Other Motorcycle Year: 1991
bitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant future

well shit...

turns out that purty little 'log data' check box on the PFI software i have been assuming, silly me, would log the friggin data... doesn't. seems to be a dummy.

so here i go, writing some software that talks to the pfi via serial port, gathers data, persists it, and provides visualization.

how convenient. not.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T. S. Eliot

TGB #8
#1999 1350 APS-PBG AMA/USFRA current
Old 21st April 2012
Turbo Mafia Test Rider

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250NT LSR #1171
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200RT
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Nytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud of

Let the force be with you, Sky.
Old 21st April 2012
outside the box racing

bitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant future

thanks guys...

my code is now logging all the data points as many times a second as i want to file.

now trying to figure out the best way to present it. multi-y axis line chart seems to be the simplest and will have to do for now. running out of time.
Old 21st April 2012
outside the box racing

a ride around the block running a map made for a 95" BT as seen by my logger and visualizer..

note: for aft they use equivalence ratio so 100 is stoich, 120 is 20% rich and 90 is 10% lean for example.

as you can see, i have note been able to tune this thing yet.

the ecu seems to be overcompensating, jumping from one extreme to the other all the time. but i will get a larger sample tomorrow.
Know Thy Hog

Old 21st April 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1987
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1991
Other Motorcycle Model: Sportster XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1995
Dakin Engineering has disabled reputation

Does it have a smoothing factor?
I had to take my AFR readings to 10 percent.
Drove the tuner (and me) nutz chasing too many samples...

Sam
Old 21st April 2012
outside the box racing

right now it has only what i have given it, which is nothing. taking raw numbers right off the serial bus and throwing them at a chart.

i am looking at previous versions of the official PFI software searching for the documented logging functionaility right now
Old 21st April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo XL Sidecar
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
JasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud of

Kinda cool you can write software... in your log you posted were you moving the throttle or is that a noise issue? is the AFR chart 100% based on 14.7... would be good if you are able to tell the software you are making the what the volatage for the 02 means to display it as afr of those of us that don't understand computers as much as you do
Old 21st April 2012
outside the box racing

the TPS is at the bottom and it was a short run around the block so there was a lot of throttle movement.

i am not computing the EV number, it is coming out of the brain. i can convert it to stoich but it is a relative number for the brain, i.e. you tell it what you want to see and it calculates how rich or lean you are in relation to that number. it just happens to be 14.7 there.

but i have moved to a syncronized multi graph to make things easier to read. am running late so jason will see it before anyone else

i have been doing some tuning this morning and am getting it closer to what i want to see but still getting hung up on decel fueling.
Old 21st April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: CB750k SOHC
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of

R u sure that "100" value isn't actually "lambda" 1.00 being 14.7:1

Cuz my new car uses a afr sensor instead of a o2 and it used lambda 1.00 as 14.7

Do a google search for lambda also you might want to set your sample rate a little slower u might see the data smooth out

After install:
http://youtu.be/f3vMKoFHw-8

Facebook XL Group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/20208...ref=ts&fref=ts

Facebook TC88A Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TC88A/

Know Thy Hog