The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > DYNO Charts and Result
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

DYNO Charts and Result Post your dyno charts and results here.

Members Birthdays
excel50 (73), blazer95 (64), mycle1000 (59), Barryn37 (53), QBALL (53), paulieb (52), cfranz (41), BMXATV (40), ravyn3 (35), Texas_Wild, hillpope (32)
Energy One Clutches
Biltwell
Bison Motorsports
BIKE BUILDER

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh883/1250
Sportster/Buell Year: 1986
norseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseXL View Post
Cooler air is denser, ergo has more Oxygen molekyles that can combine with the hydro-carbones in the fuel. Thatīs why you run inter-coolers on turbos.
Iīm not saying you can push more volume in there, thatīs the job of the cams, heads etc. Still 13/13.5 AFR will be the limit because to much fuel will start messing up the burn. Alcohol is a different ball-game though, it cools much better and can run way richer.
I donīt know anything about this bike, I just wanted to give some input on what a tuner can do just by adding fuel and also his limitations. Itīs all about finding the right tune for the mechanical limitations for that engine, like cams, exhaust, induction and combustion-chamber.
If one read between my lines, what Iīm actually are saying is that this guy canīt do anything that has not been done on all the other good tuned bikes out there.

Sir Harry R. Ricardo
Old 6th May 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 02
F'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to all

Haters guna hate but my 02 883R with just ac/2-1 exhaust/re-jet cv40 pulled almost 72 hp to the wheels, pulls strong to about eight thousand...

Old 6th May 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250-X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
HandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'DuponXL View Post
Haters guna hate but my 02 883R with just ac/2-1 exhaust/re-jet cv40 pulled almost 72 hp to the wheels, pulls strong to about eight thousand...

I don't see any hating going on here...just being realistic. Put up some 1/8-1/4 mile time slips to go with that dyno slip and I'll show you where you are wrong.
Old 6th May 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 02
F'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to allF'DuponXL is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOverFist View Post
I don't see any hating going on here...just being realistic. Put up some 1/8-1/4 mile time slips to go with that dyno slip and I'll show you where you are wrong.
I would but when I go to the track I'm so fast the timing lights can't gauge how fast I'm going.
Old 6th May 2012

HandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud of

Quote:
I would but when I go to the track I'm so fast the timing lights can't gauge how fast I'm going.
That's exactly what I thought... Face the facts...there are no miracle 883's out there. These are just machines with basic limitations which are well known. From now on any claims on my part will be backed up with timeslips.
Know Thy Hog

Old 6th May 2012
Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Its Black and shiny
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Crosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We must have the same dyno guy..my bike is completly stock, but I did chrome everything..

Old 6th May 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: model 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHS
Other Motorcycle Year: 1991
EL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I can do that one better
Old 6th May 2012

This thread was predictable lol...for the serious minded you can post here : http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s....php?t=1461990
Old 6th May 2012
CANUKSTER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Lenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond reputeLenster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL in NH View Post
I can do that one better
Lenster's 1250 2006 XL1250C, Hammer Crush Heads, 15 Degree Pistons, 10.5:1 CR, S&S Roller Rockers, Fixed Length Pushrods, Jim's Powerglide II Hydraulic Lifters, RedShift 585 Cams, Energy 1 Clutch w/ 15% Stronger Spring, Hammer Performance Billet Intake Manifold, Mikuni HSR 45, Offset Crush AC, RB Racing LSR 2:1 Exhaust and a Daytona Twin Tec TC88A with a Kickass Map by Rico 05R.

Old 6th May 2012
JESTER SYNDICATE

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL in NH View Post
I can do that one better