The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > DYNO Charts and Result
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

DYNO Charts and Result Post your dyno charts and results here.

Members Birthdays
spatial.hd, cress (56), tomheck2112 (47), Marks98Sporty (47), hdsportster71 (43), jmhurt (36), Tros (30)
Licks Holiday
Figure Machine
DK Customs
BIKE BUILDER

Get Lowered

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th May 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 xl sportster custom
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 03
Other Motorcycle Model: 1200 low sportster
Other Motorcycle Year: 06
Bob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to all

i agree maru his number with out the spike are great i think this fella take his tuning very serious.
Old 9th May 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: all the above
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
buznuts is an unknown quantity at this point

This is starting to get a little of track and it seems I the real people on here have found me by PM. The same belief shown here are the inadeqacies that at the very start I said we do not suffer from, YES we do get exactly the same results whenever we look at other HD's and believe that the entire industry suffer from the same limitations. We have done numerous back to back tests with bike dynos in our city and have found them to be within 2-5% of each other as you would expect.
I am beginning to wonder if anyone here even looks at the maps supplied by Screaming Eagles, because if you did you would realise how stupid they assume we all are, I have seen the problems and have been able to successfully deal with them. Once you have a small idea about VE you may find it.
To those who mentioned the inadequacies of an air cooled V twin, go straight to the naughty corner because these problems are all your fault.
Regards- Anthony
Old 11th May 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Flat Track Racer
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: RIP 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1999
A 4 liter V8 eater has disabled reputation

It is my understanding that Iron are 883's, and if that is true that would have been stock 1200cc evo level power years back.

Link to thread on "Harley Racing" events across the country: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=53470

These events include Hillclimbing, Flat Track Racing, Ice racing, Drag Racing, etc.. They are all sports dominated by Harley Davidsons. They are always located in scenic areas and are great weekend rides. The above link allows XLforum users to coordinate riding to these events together.
Old 28th October 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
terroristone is an unknown quantity at this point

Anth dynoed a friends 48 the other day, its a stock bike with SE slip-ons and SE stage1 Air cleaner.

Old 28th October 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
grancuda is a splendid one to beholdgrancuda is a splendid one to beholdgrancuda is a splendid one to beholdgrancuda is a splendid one to beholdgrancuda is a splendid one to beholdgrancuda is a splendid one to beholdgrancuda is a splendid one to beholdgrancuda is a splendid one to beholdgrancuda is a splendid one to beholdgrancuda is a splendid one to beholdgrancuda is a splendid one to behold

Tha dyno is showing about 20% higher numbers than it should be.
Know Thy Hog

Old 28th October 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250-X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
HandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by grancuda View Post
Tha dyno is showing about 20% higher numbers than it should be.
No, that is correct and the rest of the world is wrong lol...
Old 28th October 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200r
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: xlh
Other Motorcycle Year: 1969
pat5150 has much to be proud ofpat5150 has much to be proud ofpat5150 has much to be proud ofpat5150 has much to be proud ofpat5150 has much to be proud ofpat5150 has much to be proud ofpat5150 has much to be proud ofpat5150 has much to be proud ofpat5150 has much to be proud ofpat5150 has much to be proud ofpat5150 has much to be proud of

i recently posted a dyno map of my stage 1 2004 1200r. obviously you can see the mods on my bike which i would have to assume is a little more than that 48. and i am still 10 hp lower than that......those numbers are incredible....what gives? just tuning? send me the map please!!!
Old 29th October 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo XL Sidecar
JasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by terroristone View Post
Anth dynoed a friends 48 the other day, its a stock bike with SE slip-ons and SE stage1 Air cleaner.

Great looking run... I'd like to see the tune file as well... have you guys started enabling the PE table to get these numbers?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 29th October 2012
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N (Sold)
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: 2014
motorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud of

Our 1200's with intake, exhaust, and tune are only averaging 75hp/75lbs. It's beyond me how a dyno can show 85/88 with slip-ons and an SE air-cleaner. That must be the best tuned 48 in the world.
Old 29th October 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250-X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
HandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud of

Past experience tells me you guys will never see a map...speaks volumes, doesnt it?
Know Thy Hog