The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER & BUELL MOTORCYCLE RACING > LSR - Sporster & Buell Motorcycle Land Speed Record
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

LSR - Sporster & Buell Motorcycle Land Speed Record Discuss Sportster & Buell Motorcycle Land Speed Record events.

Members Birthdays
motobraz, dwr302, xlchjoe (60), rider31 (54), Viper (42), KJcrownRRdriver (42), krafty (38), EezyE (37), SmokeyXL (34)
Motor Stage
CV Performance
Lowbrow Customs
Motor Stage

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Piles of parts
Sportster/Buell Year: 1987
moxnix is on a distinguished roadmoxnix is on a distinguished roadmoxnix is on a distinguished roadmoxnix is on a distinguished road

The ECTA classes are based on SCTA classes, rules must be close. I've never actually obtained one of their rule books, guess I should. Racing leathers can have perforated panels, unlike for Bonneville.
Old 6th June 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1986
FastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really nice

I bought a rule book, prob never race though. www.ecta-lsr.com If you have a question you can message me or email.
chopper45133@yahoo.com
Old 8th June 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250-X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
HandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud of

Thanks FastNLoose...looks like a sprocket change of 20/42 will put me in the ballpark of 140+ mph @ 6800 rpm...if the 883 will cooperate.
Old 8th June 2012
Greasemonkey

FastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really niceFastNLoose is just really nice

Here is a link to the updated modified records, the records I gave were from the rule book. No changes for the blown class since '07.
http://ecta-lsr.net/?page_id=157
Old 9th June 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250-X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
HandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud ofHandOverFist has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastNLoose View Post
Here is a link to the updated modified records, the records I gave were from the rule book. No changes for the blown class since '07.
http://ecta-lsr.net/?page_id=157
Yep, I found that as well. M/PBG and M/PBF are the ones for me...membership and rulebook on the way.
Know Thy Hog

Old 9th June 2012
Greasemonkey

Congrats! You have to register early, they open registration the monday after the previous event, to make sure you get a spot.
Old 12th June 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XB9 - ARC Frame
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL 1200
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1994
Other Motorcycle Model: S1W White Lightning
Other Motorcycle Year: 1998
55chevr will become famous soon enough55chevr will become famous soon enough55chevr will become famous soon enough55chevr will become famous soon enough55chevr will become famous soon enough55chevr will become famous soon enough

ECTA events are well run and the new course at Wilmington is beautiful. Tough to find a more enjoyable event on the right coast.