The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
prbetts (67), 1988XL (63), jbcant (62), gearman (59), rejeanprimeau, Hdrider8831200 (53), AOW (46), adair727, Mechano (42), 64physhy (42), Buckshot (40)
883 Sportster
Figure Machine
NRHS Performance Long 2
Licks Holiday

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2009
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
jamnjc3 is on a distinguished roadjamnjc3 is on a distinguished roadjamnjc3 is on a distinguished roadjamnjc3 is on a distinguished roadjamnjc3 is on a distinguished road
Default Does anyone run the Bassani Pro Street system???

Do any of you guys run the Bassani Pro Street exhaust system with a mid controll bike? I like the way it looks but am worried they will drag easily. Do they drag the ground easy? Thanks in advance, Jamnjc3
Jap Crap the great american imatation!!!
Old 29th March 2009
Flat Track Racer

Weezel is on a distinguished roadWeezel is on a distinguished roadWeezel is on a distinguished road

I have it for forwards..... its basically the same as for mids (just a different bend) but the height is the same. I have dragged the baffle mounting bolt... you wont be dragging a knee on corners with them, I have probably dragged the jiffy stand more then the pipes. they are loud.... I had a set crack very badly but were replaced without question... I like them, got them from Ben at Pipe Dreamz.

W
XL 1200N- Vance & Hines RSD Tracker 2-1, SEPST, Custom Engraved NRHS Round A/C, H-D Mini Apes (internally wired), FWD controls, black Progressive 412's, Le Pera Silhouette Solo w/gel, Joker Machine Derby and Points covers, Forty Eight speedo clamp
76 HP/78 lb/ft TQ
Old 29th March 2009
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Yatez004 will become famous soon enoughYatez004 will become famous soon enoughYatez004 will become famous soon enoughYatez004 will become famous soon enoughYatez004 will become famous soon enoughYatez004 will become famous soon enough

My buddy has them on his 1200L and he scrapes a tiny bit on banked corners but nothing major. Bassani, in my experience, has been a top notch Exhaust maker. I have there Road Rage 2-1 on my bikes and have had zero problems with them. Fitment was fanominal, sound is awesome!
Screamin' Eagle Heavy Breather

Farmington Fire/Rescue
Engine Co. 2 - X11
"If You Cant Stand The Heat...Become a Cop"
Old 29th March 2009
Chief Master Mechanic

jamnjc3 is on a distinguished roadjamnjc3 is on a distinguished roadjamnjc3 is on a distinguished roadjamnjc3 is on a distinguished roadjamnjc3 is on a distinguished road

Thanks!!
Old 18th February 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster Forty Eight
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
dmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nice

Sorry to revive an old thread. I to was worried about thse dragging. I am thinking of putting the, on a 48. I am not a real aggressive rider so the scrapping will be at a minimum.

My question is because the pipes run side by side, to you ever have an issue hitting the pipe whe stopping and putting you foot down?

Thanks...any photos would be great.

Old 19th February 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
JackAttack has a brilliant futureJackAttack has a brilliant futureJackAttack has a brilliant futureJackAttack has a brilliant futureJackAttack has a brilliant futureJackAttack has a brilliant futureJackAttack has a brilliant futureJackAttack has a brilliant futureJackAttack has a brilliant futureJackAttack has a brilliant futureJackAttack has a brilliant future

I have them on my 06 and I've never hit my foot on the pipe.
Old 19th February 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster Forty Eight
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
dmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nicedmraco is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
I have them on my 06 and I've never hit my foot on the pipe.
Thanks....
Old 21st April 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XLHC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
FastGordo is a jewel in the roughFastGordo is a jewel in the roughFastGordo is a jewel in the roughFastGordo is a jewel in the roughFastGordo is a jewel in the roughFastGordo is a jewel in the roughFastGordo is a jewel in the roughFastGordo is a jewel in the roughFastGordo is a jewel in the roughFastGordo is a jewel in the roughFastGordo is a jewel in the rough

I like to corner so I pulled my off the day I fitted them. I found they were worse than Fatboy footboards and didn't take much leaning at all to scrape them.

They're a great looking pipe, but being a straight 2 into 2 without a crossover, you'll also sacrifice bottom end and mid-range torque which I found was quite noticable. If you're all about cruising and not cornering hard, then a pipe that performs in the higher revs and not the pipe for you IMHO.

If it's all about looks and sound though, then these pipes fit both of those bills.
Old 10th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
renosportster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bassani Pro Street

I installed a set of Bassani Pro Street on my 04 1200 custom. I love them, they increased the power over the Screaming Eagle 2 and yes they hang out there but I haven't scraped them yet they sound great it is more of a deep tone and they aren't that loud unless you get on it and they come alive.