The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > REGIONAL FORUMS > United States of America > Northeast > New York
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Nightrider, jim wiseman (63), gone2dalake (61), bobzimm (58), JMan (47), csaintg (45), tinydawg (43), B.Curvin (43), eskiv (34), 05bluesportster (33), joka646 (30)
Lowbrow Customs
Ironworks Magazine
RYCA Motors
Energy One Clutches

S&S Cycle

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th June 2012
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: 07 883 X2 plus 5 Buells
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 92
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 96
Other Motorcycle Model: and 2 more!!
NRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant future

Guys are F'n idiots then if they said that as race tuners are for EFI bikes not carbed and yours is carbed. look for a different shop.
www.nrhsperformance.com

AMA 1350cc M-PG record holder @167.452 mph.
faster than the BNI record too.
Old 15th June 2012
Red Beard Cycles

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH-1208
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
ReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least you can bring your bike to ROSA's and have a 100 HP bike or close to it.. They're KNOWN for HERO numbers that can NOT be REPEATED...

I know at least 3 people who've taken their bike there, paid a fortune and they received HP/TQ numbers that are about 10-15 over what the bike SHOULD do.. (given the components)..

MikeLI_77 has had his bike dyno'd a half a dozen times afterwards and couldn't come to within 5hp, even with ADDING Go fast parts/etc..

You Can't Fix STUPID !

"Don't Just Do It Right. Do It Just Right"

"Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"- Bruce Dickerson

"Horsepower Never Lies-but it's often lied about"

States I've Ridden in

71.3 hp 70.8 tq

1208cc 11.09:1 (Wiseco 10° Dome 10.5:1 .010 over) ,Screamin Eagle Dual Plug Heads (10° 61cc), Original SE A/C, Vance & Hines Straight Shots w/ Custom Baffles. SE 6800 ign, Dual BREMBO brakes/ Pirelli Night Dragon MU85-16 Rear - 100/90-19 Front. Progressive Springs & 412 HD 13½" Chrome Shocks, 5½" pullback riser w/ "reddtigger mount", Stebel Nautilus Compact Air horn, Mustang Vintage Super Wide Touring Seat, Alto Carbonite Clutch
Old 15th June 2012

NRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant future

Nothing worse than shops that give false dyno numbers. They are a cancer to the shops that are honest.
Old 18th June 2012
Red Beard Cycles

ReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond repute

They really dont want you to watch. Just drop it off, and theyll call you when theyre done
Old 18th June 2012

there is probabaly a good reason why they do not want you to watch especially if they seem to be inflating their numbers.
Know Thy Hog

Old 18th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLC1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XR1200
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
goblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to all

I went to powerhousemc.com last year, but I totally forgot what that cost me.
The guy specializes on jap bikes, however he was very accommodating w my sportster. He did the job for me in about 3 hours while I was waiting in the shop, but i had to schedule my appointment 4 weeks in advance. He normally prefers drop in service.
My results came out awful, obviously I don't blame him for this. A word of caution though, he won't do compression test, etc for you. So I would recommend to make sure your bike in sound mechanical condition before you go, otherwise it would waste of time/money.
He did let me in dyno room so I could calibrate shift light.
Old 18th June 2012
Red Beard Cycles

Try north shore cycles in new hyde park
Old 19th June 2012
JESTER MAFIA WEST

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: 48 "Totalled" By a Douche
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
rocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond repute

My Dyno guy lets me stand ON the Dyno !
2006 Sportster XL1200C
Mikuni HSR 45
Jetted 27.5 slow,172.5 Main
97 Needle,Clip posistion 3
Hurricane Flow 3" offset AC,Rocketman Mod
Daytona Twin Tec TC88A,Rico Nomad Map
Sumax Thundervolt plug wires,NGK DCPR8EIX spark plugs. Gapped .040 and Indexed
Cycle Electric Stator and Regulator
Alto Carbonite Clutch
Royal Purple 20W50 MC Primary oil
Patriot Defender Pipe
Royal Purple 20W50 MC oil
Wix 57148 oil filter
Max Power, 79.17
Max Torque, 75.98
Old 26th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
mikeLI_77 has much to be proud ofmikeLI_77 has much to be proud ofmikeLI_77 has much to be proud ofmikeLI_77 has much to be proud ofmikeLI_77 has much to be proud ofmikeLI_77 has much to be proud ofmikeLI_77 has much to be proud ofmikeLI_77 has much to be proud ofmikeLI_77 has much to be proud ofmikeLI_77 has much to be proud ofmikeLI_77 has much to be proud of

Rosa's is garbage. I paid $500. for my tune there and got nothing out of it but B.S numbers. They cater to rich people who want to see big numbers to inflate there heads when there bike is not even doing what they say it is doing. North shore cycles in NHP sucks also. there dyno isn't calibrated correctly and puts out extremely low numbers.

Click on my link below of my dyno which was done by speeds performance which is a guy who is from Sturgis who bought a big rig put a dyno in it and tours all of the major bike weeks dyno tuning bikes. He makes and sells his own line of performance products that you can find on his web site (http://www.speedsperformanceplus.com/) or from drag specialties. They spent about 4-5 hours tuning my bike to get it to the best they could and I believe there numbers because they worked there ass off to get them and I watched them the whole time adjusting this and that replacing the jets a few times, he even modified my exhaust baffle with a crowbar by mangling it a little bit to help with reversion i was getting.

Rosa's gave me something like a 89HP and 87TQ and North Shore Cycles in NHP gave me 78HP and 71TQ which was about the same numbers as when I had my bike dyno tuned before I installed all of my performance parts with my stock engine,V&H Straight Shots with quiet baffles and a K&N Air filter in my stock Ham Can on top of that they cannot even install a tire correctly, dropped off my rim and they put the tire on backwards. You can see my dyno sheet below in my signature as well as all the parts I added to my bike to compare to the numbers i have stated above and what my dyno link below states.

Stage II Buel XB Heads, Andrews N4 Cams, Mikuni HSR42 Carb, Forcewinder Air Filter with Float bowl vent mod, S&S Roller Rockers, Jim's Powerglide Lifters, Thunderheader Exhaust, Daytona Twin Tech SIngle Fire Ignition, Crankvents.

Max Power=85.47
Max Torque=81.84

Flow Bench Results

Old 1st July 2012
Red Beard Cycles

Ill second speeds dyno tune. My bike never ran better after they dyno tuned it. Snd the tune was only $250
Know Thy Hog