The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Riding with disability
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Riding with disability Discussions on how to ride with minor or major disabilities.

Members Birthdays
hawkeye (66), Rigpa (46), petersca (35)
Ironworks Magazine
Energy One Clutches
NHRS Performance
Lowbrow Customs

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW
Other Motorcycle Year: 1973
Motorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura about
Default Rideing and Mini Strokes

Clumsy right hand and weaking body parts left arm
Low ability for endurance

Stroke start was June 2011 today

Rideing up to the cracked rib was doable now almost 6 weeks later clutch is hard to pull and work

I have a easy clutch comming

this Stroke is not like others thats a on then off switch its more like resisters installed in a hardwired system

are there other riders that similer how do you cope
Old 14th June 2012
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL50 0596 Black
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: E-Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Bob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
clutch is hard to pull and work
When my arthritis is real bad I hook the clutch lever with my hand and pull it with my whole arm. Luckily this isn't often.

Sportys tend to keep getting faster the longer you own them.
Old 22nd September 2012

Motorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura about

As of a year later of the event turn's out I have ALS (LOU GERIHGS ) NOT MUCH HOPE of recovery

I am an Army vet and there seems to be a thread of good new's

currently my bikes sit
Old 11th October 2012
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: '05
Monkey55 has a spectacular aura aboutMonkey55 has a spectacular aura aboutMonkey55 has a spectacular aura aboutMonkey55 has a spectacular aura aboutMonkey55 has a spectacular aura aboutMonkey55 has a spectacular aura aboutMonkey55 has a spectacular aura aboutMonkey55 has a spectacular aura aboutMonkey55 has a spectacular aura about

That's pretty tough news..

Hang in there man..

Even though I don't know you, my thoughts go out to you..

Elias
Old 11th October 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: iron883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light1iron1 is a glorious beacon of light

ALS is tough news, man. My heart goes out to you.

My mother was diagnosed with ALS and given 2-4 years to live.........FOURTEEN years ago!!!!! She's currently the nation's longest living survivor of the disease.

I pray even longer longevity for you.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act; rather, a habit." - Aristotle
Know Thy Hog

Old 24th January 2013

THANK'S for the well wishes and prayers