The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
RYCA Motors
Sky Smith Insurance
Get Lowered
Licks Holiday

Figure Machine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: Heritage Springer
Other Motorcycle Year: 2002
Hammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really nice
Default Running Bad

Hello everyone!
I have discussed this bike before, it's a 2001 1200XLH If I take the bike on say a 15 mile trip and stop. After restarting the bike it seems to spit and sputter and cough real bad. The last time when I thought I found the problem I had a vacuum line leaking going to the petcock. The carb has been rebuilt and jetted to the best of my ability. It's almost like when the bike gets hot it really acts up. The first time some one said about battery leads or flooding. Or possibly air intake leaks. Any ideas befor I take it to the Stealer ship, because at this point I am just scratching my head.