The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Product Reviews
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Product Reviews Here is where you can write up your own review of bikes, parts, or accessories.

Please do not post problems in here unless replying to a review. Please post problems with specific parts or accessories in their respective forum topics.

Members Birthdays
Figure Machine
BIKE BUILDER
BIKE BUILDER
Figure Machine

Fix My Hog

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: 2010 Dyna Superglide
XLBolivia is a glorious beacon of lightXLBolivia is a glorious beacon of lightXLBolivia is a glorious beacon of lightXLBolivia is a glorious beacon of lightXLBolivia is a glorious beacon of lightXLBolivia is a glorious beacon of lightXLBolivia is a glorious beacon of lightXLBolivia is a glorious beacon of lightXLBolivia is a glorious beacon of lightXLBolivia is a glorious beacon of lightXLBolivia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Shoei RF1100

Considering the price tag I was very disappointed in this purchase. I was going off reviews around the web that had descriptions like "dead quiet". My opinion is that it is loud (wind noise). I can't tell that it's any quieter than my MUCH less expensive HJC.

I can say that I find it a bit more comfortable than my HJC, but not nearly enough to justify the expensive price tag in my mind.

Another advantage over my HJC is that the Shoei RF1100 is Snell approved.
Old 14th June 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster Sport XL1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Fatboy 1450 FLSTFI
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki KDX125sr
Other Motorcycle Year: 1991
Big-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to allBig-Ed is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLBolivia View Post
Considering the price tag I was very disappointed in this purchase. I was going off reviews around the web that had descriptions like "dead quiet". My opinion is that it is loud (wind noise). I can't tell that it's any quieter than my MUCH less expensive HJC.

I can say that I find it a bit more comfortable than my HJC, but not nearly enough to justify the expensive price tag in my mind.

Another advantage over my HJC is that the Shoei RF1100 is Snell approved.
Ive always found Shoei helmets to be noisy, but they are the only helmets I can wear without getting a sore head as they just fit my head right unlike the others I have tried in the past eg. agv, arai, hjc etc..
1998 XL1200S - Harley 2-1 fitted with V&H SS2R, SE race ignition (7500rpm) with matched SE coil, SE yellow leads, NGK Iridium spark plugs, NRHS HurricaneFlow 3" centre hamcan filter, usual 'S' engine internals (w-grind cams, flat top pistons & 10:1 higher comp twin plug heads), SE heavier clutch spring. Soon to have SE 42mm hsr mikuni carb..
Old 14th June 2012
JESTER SYNDICATE

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

I love my RF 1100. It's the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned. As for the noise, I don't find it too bad.
Old 25th June 2012
Biker

ericlouie1 is a jewel in the roughericlouie1 is a jewel in the roughericlouie1 is a jewel in the roughericlouie1 is a jewel in the roughericlouie1 is a jewel in the roughericlouie1 is a jewel in the roughericlouie1 is a jewel in the roughericlouie1 is a jewel in the roughericlouie1 is a jewel in the roughericlouie1 is a jewel in the roughericlouie1 is a jewel in the rough

Come back in two years, the shoei will still be together, and fit the same. My cousins scorpion is falling apart after 3 months, a friends KBC is unridable after an hour, and his HJC doesn't keep him nearly as cool as his shoei. I've had my RF1000 for 4 years, its lived through multiple day trips, track days, and abuse, and is still as comfortable as day one. All the vents work solidly, all the rubber trip is still attached, and all other parts are as solid as day one.
Looking to replace it with an X12, since it only see's track usage now.
Old 28th June 2012
Battleship Sailor

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
lostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant future

I love my RF1100 as well. I can't see any helmet with vents on it not being a bit noisy. Compared to the 3/4 helmet I used to wear, it's quiet as a morgue even with all the vents open and the face shield up one notch.