The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
Motor Stage
DK Customs
Energy One Clutches
Motor Stage

DK Customs
Tags
bobber, iron 883, nightster, nightster rsd venturi

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th June 2012
Biker

Rudy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesomepants View Post
Here ya go...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Looks wicked, thanks.
Old 27th June 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
Captain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to all

as for the girl riding with me, we haven't rode on this set up yet but i cant say i think it will be much different. than stock length. only cut 2 1/2 inches off. as far as lurking on this site, i know what you mean. i've been trolling this site for a while waiting to get an XL and finally sold my cbr so i could get one. dont know why i waited so long to finally get one. my bike suits my personality perfectly.

oh and as far as the tank lift moving the tank... its at the same spot it's always been in the back, only the front is up 2 inches.

Last edited by Captain Awesomepants; 27th June 2012 at 22:13.. Reason: more words...
Old 27th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
black_ice_02 has disabled reputation

Quote:
as for the girl riding with me, we haven't rode on this set up yet but i cant say i think it will be much different. than stock length. only cut 2 1/2 inches off.
thanks i wouldn't think so either, but was just curious

oh and as far as the tank lift moving the tank... its at the same spot it's always been in the back, only the front is up 2 inches.[/QUOTE]

alright thanks, just thought it was odd you seem to have a gap, and mine rolls me seat up. my lift may be 2.5" as well.

thanks, and keep up the good work!
Old 28th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X "48"
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Hutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

What rear signals are those?
Old 28th June 2012
Turbo Mafia Test Rider

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250NT LSR #1171
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200RT
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Nytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud ofNytstr has much to be proud of

Here's a better pic of mine in its current build:

RIP Sky Sanders
TGB #8
#1999 1350 APS-PBG AMA/USFRA current
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T. S. Eliot

Support Your Local Land Speed Racer -
The Last Truly Amateur American Racing!
Know Thy Hog

Old 28th June 2012
Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Its Black and shiny
Crosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond repute

Here is mine in its current configuration.

The air cleaner is messed up cause it decided to abandon ship on me at 90MPH......I had to go back and pick it up....

Full size picture link https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9080293/201...2018.17.18.jpg

Last edited by Crosshairs; 11th July 2012 at 22:26..
Old 28th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo 1200N
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
AustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosshairs View Post
Here is mine in its current configuration.

The air cleaner is messed up cause it decided to abandon ship on me at 90MPH......I had to go back and pick it up....

Full size picture link https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9080293/201...2018.17.18.jpg
Looking good there buddy! Don't worry, I mucked up my air filter too Welcome to the Turbo Mafia!!
Old 28th June 2012
Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Its Black and shiny
Crosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinXL View Post
Looking good there buddy! Don't worry, I mucked up my air filter too Welcome to the Turbo Mafia!!
Yeah, we got matching filters now..
We gotta get Nytstr to smash his up..
Old 28th June 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
Captain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch08 View Post
What rear signals are those?
Auto Gem Baby Bullets. Not DOT legal and they are only two wire. Mine are wired as turn/ extra brake lights. I have the side mount brake light for stop/ running.
Old 11th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Hwkdrvr is an unknown quantity at this point

Know Thy Hog