The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Tags
bobber, iron 883, nightster, nightster rsd venturi

Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2012
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
AustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosshairs View Post
Here is mine in its current configuration.

The air cleaner is messed up cause it decided to abandon ship on me at 90MPH......I had to go back and pick it up....

Full size picture link https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9080293/201...2018.17.18.jpg
Looking good there buddy! Don't worry, I mucked up my air filter too Welcome to the Turbo Mafia!!
Old 28th June 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Its Black and shiny
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Crosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond reputeCrosshairs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinXL View Post
Looking good there buddy! Don't worry, I mucked up my air filter too Welcome to the Turbo Mafia!!
Yeah, we got matching filters now..
We gotta get Nytstr to smash his up..
Old 28th June 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
Captain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch08 View Post
What rear signals are those?
Auto Gem Baby Bullets. Not DOT legal and they are only two wire. Mine are wired as turn/ extra brake lights. I have the side mount brake light for stop/ running.
Old 11th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Hwkdrvr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 11th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 N
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 883R/1200
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: Ducati, GSXR, Bandit,
soro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura about

Have not posted in years. Thought I would throw my Nightster into the pool. All mods stolen from you all here at XL. "Finished" the bike last year. Now just riding her.

Old 11th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883r
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
parsey83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by soro View Post
Have not posted in years. Thought I would throw my Nightster into the pool. All mods stolen from you all here at XL. "Finished" the bike last year. Now just riding her.

Love the pipes' what are they
O8 883/1200r Screamin Eagle Conversion, Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather Intake, Vance and Hines Short Shots Staggered, Screamin Eagle Super Tuner custom map, Screamin Eagle Ignition, Hagon Shocks, Drag Bars and a lot of powdercoating!
Sponsored Links
Old 11th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 N
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 883R/1200
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: Ducati, GSXR, Bandit,
soro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura aboutsoro has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsey83 View Post
Love the pipes' what are they
Thanks, me too. Paul Yaffe/ Super Trapp X-pipes.
Old 13th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Year: 08
nickl011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesomepants View Post
rocking an 883 tank until my 48 tank gets here. bobbed the rear fender a bit (about 2 1/2 inches).

I can honestly say your bike is inspiration for the route I'm going with mine. Just put in an order for Biltwell Friscos and Lick's coke bottle grips. Where did you get your mirror? I plan to chop my fender exactly the same this winter, the rear fender needs to be re painted anyway from the previous owner. The Biltwell timing cover looks different than the ones on their site, I haven't found one that has that brass look to it?

Bike looks great bro
Old 13th July 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
Bizzkit is a glorious beacon of lightBizzkit is a glorious beacon of lightBizzkit is a glorious beacon of lightBizzkit is a glorious beacon of lightBizzkit is a glorious beacon of lightBizzkit is a glorious beacon of lightBizzkit is a glorious beacon of lightBizzkit is a glorious beacon of lightBizzkit is a glorious beacon of lightBizzkit is a glorious beacon of lightBizzkit is a glorious beacon of light

Now with wires tidied at the front
Old 14th July 2012
Harley Engineer

Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
Captain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Awesomepants is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickl011 View Post
I can honestly say your bike is inspiration for the route I'm going with mine. Just put in an order for Biltwell Friscos and Lick's coke bottle grips. Where did you get your mirror? I plan to chop my fender exactly the same this winter, the rear fender needs to be re painted anyway from the previous owner. The Biltwell timing cover looks different than the ones on their site, I haven't found one that has that brass look to it?

Bike looks great bro
Thanks man. I'm pretty happy with it so far, just can't wait to get it professionally painted this winter and get a new seat. Plan on tidying up some wires and whatnot too then. As far as the cover goes, it's is chrome, I guess it just has a glare on it in the pics. The chrome part is easy to remove if someone wanted to get it plated though. The mirror is a Lick's 3". It was like $15 bucks I think. I love the stuff Biltwell puts out. It's kinda hard sometimes not to put too much of their stuff on the bike so the bike doesn't look like a rolling advertisement for them. As far as the fender, I just cut about how much I wanted and then used the part I has chopped off as a stencil to cut the rest at a nice radius. I did free hand the edges a bit because i wanted a little tighter of a curve on the edges.

Here's a pic with a 48 tank I put on but I'm not sure I like it. It might just be the color I'm not crazy about... I'm about to rattle can the whole bike to get me by for the rest of the summer. I also added a Vance and Hines air cleaner but I'm still waiting on the Harley shop for my cover to come it. My plan for the bike is to kinda make it look like a modern interpretation of a late 70's Sporty.