The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage Here is where you post discussions about seating and luggage

Members Birthdays
hawkeye (66), Rigpa (46), petersca (35)
Foxcreek Leather
NHRS Performance
Foxcreek Leather
Motor Stage

Burly

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2011
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: CBR replica minibike
Nitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of light

Another Pelican case install:

Old 26th February 2011
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
il67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to allil67bp is a name known to all

i used this messy setup on my trip to the outer banks from nj. the saddlebags are throw over leather bags from ebay. i got like 7 different leather bags for $90 which wasnt bad at all. the only thing that showed lack of quality was one of the buckles broke in maryland somewhere but other than that im happy with them and they are only on there for long trips anyway.
Old 26th March 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL`1200C
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
juski has a spectacular aura aboutjuski has a spectacular aura aboutjuski has a spectacular aura aboutjuski has a spectacular aura aboutjuski has a spectacular aura aboutjuski has a spectacular aura aboutjuski has a spectacular aura aboutjuski has a spectacular aura about

ridebikegear.com These guys sold me my bags. They are great becuse they bolted in minutes & turn singlas were internal. Pretty important becuse of stock Sprtster rear signal location. Plus, they cost only $132.00
Old 25th April 2011
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 IRON/Now 1200 Iron
Sportster/Buell Year: 09
Other Motorcycle Model: 100th Anniversary V-Rod
Other Motorcycle Year: 03
VEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of lightVEEROD is a glorious beacon of light
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moved On / My Own Choice View Post
For those interested in a combination of functionality with a look you won't find anywhere else there are Corbin Fleetliners:

That set looks good!
Kid Rock!

[B]Good Day for a Bad Attitude[/B][/B]:smoke
Old 21st August 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
JohnsonPstFls will become famous soon enoughJohnsonPstFls will become famous soon enoughJohnsonPstFls will become famous soon enoughJohnsonPstFls will become famous soon enoughJohnsonPstFls will become famous soon enoughJohnsonPstFls will become famous soon enough

Here is my solution to storage. The bags all came from http://www.fatiguesarmynavy.com/ with a little creativity in mounting them.

Know Thy Hog

Old 26th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
nhcop will become famous soon enoughnhcop will become famous soon enoughnhcop will become famous soon enoughnhcop will become famous soon enoughnhcop will become famous soon enoughnhcop will become famous soon enoughnhcop will become famous soon enough

Picked these up at Laconia Bike Week for $100. No sure the manufacture of them but I got them from a vendor there called Cycle Leather Outlet. www.cycleleather.com

So far they have been decent. They are small which is what I was looking for. I am able to fit my leather jacket in one side a small cooler in the other side.

Right now they are tied to the shocks but I am planning on getting support brackets soon.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 28th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
cyber7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I made my own.

Being the first post, I will post a URL into the second

Kind regards
Aubrey
ps - Let's see if I can post the URL : http://leatherworker.net/forum/index...howtopic=40204
ps2: That worked, now let's see if I can post a picture of it

Last edited by cyber7; 28th June 2012 at 11:57.. Reason: adding URL
Old 28th June 2012
I am the great Cornholio!

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GT550
Other Motorcycle Year: 1974
ParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber7 View Post
I made my own.

Being the first post, I will post a URL into the second

Kind regards
Aubrey
ps - Let's see if I can post the URL : http://leatherworker.net/forum/index...howtopic=40204
ps2: That worked, now let's see if I can post a picture of it
Looks good, and welcome to the forum!

Sturgis 2009
Around the Lakes 2010
Texas 2011
New England 2011
Wreaths Across America 2011
Labor Day 2012
My first rally - Void 7
Pensacola 2012
Forum trip to Boyer WV July 2013
Coast to Coast to Coast in 100 hours
Butt Lite 7 - 5700 miles in 6 days

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne - "The Shootist"
Old 28th June 2012
I am the great Cornholio!

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GT550
Other Motorcycle Year: 1974
ParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to update this thread with my new bags.

I added the Harley Davidson Pony Express bags to my bike. They are nice and roomy, and since they are rectangular rather than slanted they have more usefull space than the hard leather covered bags I used to run. Complaints? I was spoiled with the hard bags since they had locks and you could flip the lid closed. I cannot tell you how many times I have started riding and realized I had forgotten to close them. I can close them while riding but need to stop to do so. I am getting better at checking them before I start off ...

Harley does sell a lock kit for them that I am thinking of adding.

Old 15th August 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200c 105th Anniversary
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
professir is a glorious beacon of lightprofessir is a glorious beacon of lightprofessir is a glorious beacon of lightprofessir is a glorious beacon of lightprofessir is a glorious beacon of lightprofessir is a glorious beacon of lightprofessir is a glorious beacon of lightprofessir is a glorious beacon of lightprofessir is a glorious beacon of lightprofessir is a glorious beacon of lightprofessir is a glorious beacon of light

I run smaller Interstate bags I purchased from Fleetfarm for $99. They are throw over, so no mounting hardware. I just removed the seat, tossed them over the fender, tied them to the blinkers and put the seat back on. So far, 3 seasons of riding year round here in Wisconsin. PLUS, they are American made of real leather. They are the bags on my profile photo.
Know Thy Hog