The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > VENDORS > Ricor Racing Shocks
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
sportxlh, willprevale (73), eagle (68), Willard (66), arby (63), XLC Curt (61), Boricuaurfer64 (50), zook1065 (47), Foxdud (46), stg (45), skeeter_xb (43), mountainman
Superbrace
DK Customs
Lowbrow Customs
Get Lowered

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
PiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud of
Default Ordered some Intiminators

also ordered some progressive front springs on the cheap. At 195 pounds, is it appropriate to use both in conjunction?
Old 27th February 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
boro is just really niceboro is just really niceboro is just really niceboro is just really niceboro is just really niceboro is just really niceboro is just really niceboro is just really niceboro is just really niceboro is just really niceboro is just really nice

Shouldn't be a problem using them both, as long as you're happy with sag and rebound. Seems some like straight rate springs with intiminators. Racetech lists .887 spring rate for 190lbs. H-D spring rate is .350. With intiminators and stock springs, I don't get enough rider sag or travel. Brian, at Ricor is very helpful.
Old 21st June 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
terroristone is an unknown quantity at this point

any updates?
T1
Old 22nd June 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
PiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud of

honestly, I don't have enough experience on a motorcycle to give a good critique, but my front end feels good, very solid and stable, tracks well, eats bumps (though I felt a bit squirrelly one night when I can upon a stretch or road that had been ripped up
for repaving suddenly at about 70, I'm sure it would have been worse if my front end were stock.)

Added a set of Pirelli Night Dragon tires a couple weeks ago, and put a superbrace on yesterday (not that I felt like my front end needed much improvement at this point, but it was on my list and I figure it can't hurt, right?) My front end should be about as good as you can get with the stock sportster forks.

The biggest challenge now is trusting my own work. I'm not yet fully convinced that my front wheel isn't going to fly off at any moment.
Old 15th July 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
terroristone is an unknown quantity at this point

i ordered some as well, just waitin for them to get here (australia) i cant make upo my mind if i put the stock springs back in or leave my Ikon progressives....

T1
Know Thy Hog