The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Hammer Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
Sportster Specialty
Licks Cycles
Foxcreek Leather
Zippers Performance

Hammer Performance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th July 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
DK.Haff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What 2-1 pipe works with wide band O2 sensors??

hey all. im in the market for a new 2-1 pipe. i currently have the d & d fatcat but i run the thundermax and the rear wideband O2 sensor rubs on my starter a bit. just wondering if any others are running the T max and a 2 into 1, and which pipe has clearance without re-welding the bungs! thanks much
Old 16th July 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light

I have the Lsr 2 into 1 with no rubbing issues.
Old 16th July 2012
Greasemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1250IRON View Post
I have the Lsr 2 into 1 with no rubbing issues.
hey iron, thx for the response. im pretty sure i have a PM from you i still need to answer as well how long did the pipe take to get to you and how much was it, if you don't mind telling? im kind of on a time and money crunch and am trying to keep it less than 800 bucks...
Old 16th July 2012
Greasemonkey

after looking into it...i just ordered the LSR.. i'll post back after i get it
Old 16th July 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
AustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud ofAustinXL has much to be proud of

I havent heard many complaints (other than the infamous wait) on the LSR pipes, good luck and keep us posted!
Know Thy Hog

Old 17th July 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: model 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHS
Other Motorcycle Year: 1991
EL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to beholdEL in NH is a splendid one to behold
Default alternatives

You can buy new bungs and have them welded in your current pipes

...I have also heard of heating the existing bung with a torch then install a bolt and every so gently bending the bung in the direction needed..
Old 17th July 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light1250IRON is a glorious beacon of light

You will have a wait on the lsr as they are only made when your order is placed. plus if you get the black ceramic that is done at a different location and i think they wait for a few orders to do all at once. Top quality pipes though. the aluminum gaskets are much better than any exhaust gaskets i have seen. when you put it together make sure to put a little gasket sealer on the slip joint where the pipes fit together. i overlooked that in the instructions and i get a little rusty water drip in cold weather until the bike warms up. in my opinion they are well worth the wait. i'm not sure on the time as i purchased the pipe from Dan at NRHS at the same time i did my motor. i wished i had known you were thinking on this pipe because i think Dan sells the pipe a little cheaper than RB Racing. the pipe went to him and he shipped it to me along with all my motor parts and the heads i sent to have headwork. He sells the thundermax at a good price also!