The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum CV Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
jdhickm (79), Chip (66), Chief4x4 (64), willyobiker (62), CBryant (61), XLCH69 (58), sage (55), VettesRule (52), jerseyjeff (52), TheExecutioner (49), SalTheWop (49), manic_mechanic, pauldmedic16 (40), BluegrassXL (36), Superman
DK Customs
Ironworks Magazine
Lickscycles
Foxcreek Leather

Figure Machine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th July 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
USMCDevilDogg is just really niceUSMCDevilDogg is just really niceUSMCDevilDogg is just really niceUSMCDevilDogg is just really niceUSMCDevilDogg is just really niceUSMCDevilDogg is just really niceUSMCDevilDogg is just really niceUSMCDevilDogg is just really niceUSMCDevilDogg is just really niceUSMCDevilDogg is just really niceUSMCDevilDogg is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Hoffa View Post
Yep. When I moved from CA to Oregon it took a long time to sell my house in CA, I was going back for extended times to maintane it and prevent vandalizm. Somebody dropped a dime and said (anonamiously) that they see me at the post office "frequently" with oregon plates. Mind you this was in a F-ing military town, I got a letter waiting for me at my oregon PO box from a commander in the CHP saying I had to call him in 30 days or an arrest warrent will be issued. He was from something like the Central Coast Task Force, or something, it's like a HUGE deal to have out of state plates there I guess.
Now to the OP: do you rent or own? Do you claim the homeowners tax break thing on property tax, for living in the house? (sorry I can't recall the actual wording) That was what the ass hole checked on me. I did. I called and told the ass hole that that was because I was in the middle of moving and hadn't changed the tax status yet and I hadn't planned on being there that long, thaought I would have already sold the house. He "cut me a break".

Yep same thing happened to me. I'm stationed in CA but I still hold my residence in MI( Drivers License, Vote, Paying Taxes) I got a noticed in the mail saying I failed to file taxes in CA and Now I owed over $2000 to them...lol. I called the spoke to some lady and she tried saying that I still owed taxes and since I've been stationed here more than 30 days I had to register all my vehicles in CA. In order to register my vehicles I had to claim residence in CA and pay all their stupid taxes.....I got a lawyer and he explained everything and if they continued I could file harassment charges against CA.....to make a long story short. CA is broke...not my fault blame their Governor Arnold....and they make desprite attempts to get money.......they write bogus tickets all the time hoping people get scared and pay the money....I HATE CA and hopfully can get closer to home in the future
Old 29th July 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Jimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCDevilDogg View Post
Yep same thing happened to me. I'm stationed in CA but I still hold my residence in MI( Drivers License, Vote, Paying Taxes) I got a noticed in the mail saying I failed to file taxes in CA and Now I owed over $2000 to them...lol. I called the spoke to some lady and she tried saying that I still owed taxes and since I've been stationed here more than 30 days I had to register all my vehicles in CA. In order to register my vehicles I had to claim residence in CA and pay all their stupid taxes.....I got a lawyer and he explained everything and if they continued I could file harassment charges against CA.....to make a long story short. CA is broke...not my fault blame their Governor Arnold....and they make desprite attempts to get money.......they write bogus tickets all the time hoping people get scared and pay the money....I HATE CA and hopfully can get closer to home in the future
That's funny. Having been born & raised in CA I know that cops will act like you are breaking laws even when you aren't, I've even had a friend convicted of something that was actually PROTECTED by the law. I always heard people and cops say "You can't just do that..." (about things that are legal).
Moving here to Oregon was major culture shock. Here the cops don't really seem to care about a lot of things that ARE ILLEGAL, lol. I see people ride ATVs on the street right in front of my house all the time. People go shoot guns in any dirt lot on the side of the road, no cops come looking.

I think a huge part of why california is broke is because they see nothing wrong with spending millions dragging people through the court system for virtually nothing. In my case they musta been paying that CHP major about $50 an hour to do all the research on me. Even after that I got letters from CA-DMV wanting ME to list all vehicles I own and their location (I did not) then a F-ing CHP air plane started buzzing my house... NO JOKE! The F-er was so low he almost clipped the trees! This is what CA spends it's money on. I miss living there in some ways. I had really good friends there and I miss the shopping, like you could go to an auto parts store at 9PM and they had what you wanted. Living in Bumm -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!- Oregon they have to order everything and they haven't heard of most things. I certainly don't miss the jack booted thugs though.
Old 29th July 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883H/1200H
Sportster/Buell Year: '96
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH 1000 w/elec. leg too
Sportster/Buell Year #2: '72
sportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant future

CA sounds like a nanny state and a mother-in-law state all in one.

I could never live there.
Political Correctness never killed any terrorists.
Old 29th July 2012
JESTER MAFIA WEST

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: 48 "Totalled" By a Douche
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
rocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond repute

I think CA wrote into law on 1/01/2012 that you could not modify the exhaust on any motorcycle built after that date.
2006 Sportster XL1200C
Mikuni HSR 45
Jetted 27.5 slow,172.5 Main
97 Needle,Clip posistion 3
Hurricane Flow 3" offset AC,Rocketman Mod
Daytona Twin Tec TC88A,Rico Nomad Map
Sumax Thundervolt plug wires,NGK DCPR8EIX spark plugs. Gapped .040 and Indexed
Cycle Electric Stator and Regulator
Alto Carbonite Clutch
Royal Purple 20W50 MC Primary oil
Patriot Defender Pipe
Royal Purple 20W50 MC oil
Wix 57148 oil filter
Max Power, 79.17
Max Torque, 75.98
Old 29th July 2012
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
Sportster/Buell Model #2: S3T Thunderbolt
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2000
Airbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant futureAirbozo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportysrock View Post
CA sounds like a nanny state and a mother-in-law state all in one.

I could never live there.
I've lived in CA for over 25 years and have mixed feelings about the state of affairs here. I will say that northern California is way different than southern or even central. I would never live in Long Beach or any where south of Santa Barbara again. I only travel there when I have to for business.

Back OT, I have Supertrapp 2-1 installed by HD that has never been questioned by the CHP or local sheriff.

Old 30th July 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883H/1200H
Sportster/Buell Year: '96
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH 1000 w/elec. leg too
Sportster/Buell Year #2: '72
sportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant futuresportysrock has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
I've lived in CA for over 25 years and have mixed feelings about the state of affairs here. I will say that northern California is way different than southern or even central. I would never live in Long Beach or any where south of Santa Barbara again. I only travel there when I have to for business.

Back OT, I have Supertrapp 2-1 installed by HD that has never been questioned by the CHP or local sheriff.
Cool, & lucky for you I guess.
Old 31st July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 ex-C
Sportster/Buell Year: '09
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Ulysses
Sportster/Buell Year #2: '08
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R1200GS
Other Motorcycle Year: '06
GregL is a jewel in the roughGregL is a jewel in the roughGregL is a jewel in the roughGregL is a jewel in the roughGregL is a jewel in the roughGregL is a jewel in the roughGregL is a jewel in the roughGregL is a jewel in the roughGregL is a jewel in the roughGregL is a jewel in the roughGregL is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkilla View Post
I left my bike and ran to my house(literally one block from the place they pulled me over) to get my papers showed em the papers and they said " to late the tickets already written"
Did they impound the bike because of the pipes? .... Or .... Did they impound the bike because you were riding with no proof of registration and insurance? .... Or .... Did they impound the bike because you are a Cali resident and the bike is registered out of state?
Old 1st August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: CB750k SOHC
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of04xl1200c has much to be proud of

This is a GREAT flash slide show that details how new motorcycles are not even complient! very informational!

http://syntheticmachine.net/EPAlabelsurvey/

Try this FAQ there is the COMPLETE law that governs motorcycle exhaust laws!

http://noiselawfacts.bytebrothers.net/

After install:
http://youtu.be/f3vMKoFHw-8

Facebook XL Group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/20208...ref=ts&fref=ts

Facebook TC88A Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TC88A/