The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Motor / Engine > Sportster Motorcycle - Bottom End
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle - Bottom End Cams, Cases, Gears, Flywheel, Piston Conecting Rods, Oil Pump, etc...

Members Birthdays
wallylach (63), cob (60), decman (58), djhannu (52), Vaughn, irishhog (45), dangjalopy (41), earthoverdrive (36), edman87k5 (35), 79iron (32), mr_anti_chrome
DK Customs
Sky Smith Insurance
Lowbrow Customs
NRHS Performance Long 2

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st June 2006
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got W cam's in my 01 now

A few years ago I installed SE head on my 01 1200C and found a good deal on some W cams. Bike been running great since but I finally got around too it yesterday and installed them. Haven't done anything to the bike but gas and oil for years so it was about time. Bike does have a little different sound when idling and I did back down the timing alittle to prevent pinging. It may be me but the bike felt real smooth between 70-80 mph. I'll get it to the 1/8 soon and see if I can better 8.50 and 80 mph.

Come winter I'll pull the heads off and do alittle cleanup and match porting too. Also thinking about the 88inch kit with iron cylinders to help prevent the cases from cracking. Goal is to have 100/100 bike. Also might be a good time to go with chain and sprockets, don't think the belt can take much more.
Old 24th June 2006

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

Got 16 runs tonight at our 1/8 track and ran alot 8.44-8.46's. Did have 2 runs at 8.42 and they where both over 81 mph. Looks like the W cams are doing their job. That's a tenth and half drop over the D's. But the bike is still a dog out of the hole with stock gearing, need to go with a chain and gear that puppy down. That should get me in the high 7's at least.
Old 24th June 2006
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
AOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura aboutAOW has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like you've got it going good. I don't know what W cams are supposed to give you but congrats on your times. What else have you got in there?
Old 24th June 2006

Thanks, I think they are good for a few hp's

Alot of chome goodies too, a 6800 ignition, SE heads and 27T pulley. Been checking around on steel sprockets and looks like a 50 T steel may be my best choice. With a 19 up front that will give me a 2.63 ratio for drag racing then for street use I can go with a 23 and that will be close to oem at 2.17