The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical and Ignition
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
jdhickm (79), Chip (66), Chief4x4 (64), willyobiker (62), CBryant (61), XLCH69 (58), sage (55), VettesRule (52), jerseyjeff (52), TheExecutioner (49), SalTheWop (49), manic_mechanic, pauldmedic16 (40), BluegrassXL (36), Superman
BIKE BUILDER
Lowbrow Customs
Superbrace.com
Energy One Clutches

S&S Cycle

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Unchained is an unknown quantity at this point

Mid30, I will check t out today. More rain expected. Will test ride later today rain or shine! Thanks again.
Old 1st August 2012
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200r
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
mid30 is just really nicemid30 is just really nicemid30 is just really nicemid30 is just really nicemid30 is just really nicemid30 is just really nicemid30 is just really nicemid30 is just really nicemid30 is just really nicemid30 is just really nicemid30 is just really nice

ok, if you still cant find it, I will pull my tank off this weekend and get some pic's of it.
Old 1st August 2012
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 iron
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 custom
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
vlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to allvlmuke is a name known to all

Also try the back of the speedo the cable was loose where it attached to the speedo.
Old 3rd August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Unchained is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
To all who posted with ideas for my speedo/tach/neutral light problem.

I found the booger that was giving me fits (sheer accident not by my electrical prowess). I haven't fixed it yet. Tomorrows another day.

It was a loose Relay/Fuse Block. I was working on the wire harness with the switch on and was jiggling stuff around and jiggled the fuse box and noticed that my neutral light was ON. What a surprise, I hadn't seen that in a while. So I jiggled the fuse box around and sure enough, it was causing the light to go off and on. I have a wedge stuck in there for now and the light is not going out no matter how hard I bang on it. I'm just assuming the speedo and tach will come on as well when I get it going again.

Later, I will pull the ICM box and take the fusebox out and see why it's loose. I'm thinking the whole fusebox plugs into the main wire harness under there somewhere. Hopefully it's just loose and needs to be serviced.

Thank you all again for the helpful information.