The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
patc, Camera108 (61), pbudrovic (59), gene04 (57), guvnor (50), jrogers329 (44), ksoggs (39), dmurphy68 (37)
Dead Creek Cycles
Foxcreek Leather
Energy One Clutches
Motor Stage

Licks Holiday

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Forty-Eight
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Venidici has a spectacular aura aboutVenidici has a spectacular aura aboutVenidici has a spectacular aura aboutVenidici has a spectacular aura aboutVenidici has a spectacular aura aboutVenidici has a spectacular aura aboutVenidici has a spectacular aura aboutVenidici has a spectacular aura aboutVenidici has a spectacular aura aboutVenidici has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Boy View Post
God i wish people would stop buying the short shots and the cheesy screaming eagle intake. The shit.....makes yalls forty eights look like everyone elses. I wish more people read this forum before they let the stealer sell them crap parts that they sell to everyone.
I have to agree. I dont go saying stuff in RL to people who have them but i sure am thinkin it. Everyones confidence in themselves is at different levels. Having your own HD is your own unique time to tell the world "This is what 'I' like" and the world be damned.
Its just the frustration of HD dealerships putting out the same stuff. I think everyone wants to customize their Harley but dont know how to proceed. Is this true? Or, maybe they just dont have time to research?
My suggestion(if its true) is that you have to spend many MANY hours staring at your bike determining yourself what parts you like, ones you want to delete and ones you want to modify. Choosing a theme for your bike is a great step forward as it keeps everything looking whole.

Maybe the first step is deciding, without asking around, what sort of pipes LOOK good to you. DONT ASK "what do you think?".because this is the only opportunity youll get to be yourself. Be proud of your decision. REM: A good HD friend wont tell you what to put-on/make, they just want to make sure "Is this what YOU want?". Be honest, be true to yourself, youll love yourslef and your bike 10fold if you do because then youre riding youre own bike and not riding 'someone elses bike' , IMHO :_)
Old 1st August 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
NickeR is a jewel in the roughNickeR is a jewel in the roughNickeR is a jewel in the roughNickeR is a jewel in the roughNickeR is a jewel in the roughNickeR is a jewel in the roughNickeR is a jewel in the roughNickeR is a jewel in the roughNickeR is a jewel in the roughNickeR is a jewel in the roughNickeR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOURADHERE View Post
Haven't done anything new lately aside from swap the white grips for black ones. Still have a pile of parts building up for over the winter. Took this pic with my phone Friday at the office....it wasn't supposed to rain but right after this it monsooned.

Nice pic and good looking bike!!
Old 2nd August 2012
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster Forty Eight
Charlie Boy is a jewel in the roughCharlie Boy is a jewel in the roughCharlie Boy is a jewel in the roughCharlie Boy is a jewel in the roughCharlie Boy is a jewel in the roughCharlie Boy is a jewel in the roughCharlie Boy is a jewel in the roughCharlie Boy is a jewel in the roughCharlie Boy is a jewel in the roughCharlie Boy is a jewel in the roughCharlie Boy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpracing519 View Post
Went to a bike show this weekend at a drag strip. They had some grudge matches so I said why not, lets see what the 48 can do in a quarter mile. What a blast! I averaged 12.8 seconds @ 104 mph. My fastest run was 12.4 seconds @106 mph. I smoked a few V-rods, a 1900cc Yamaha, and tons of bagger's. Only lost 1 race to a crotch rocket. Plus took 1st place in the bike show! What a great weekend!
heeeeeell yeah. Not sure if i smoke more bowls or baggers. Either way i have fun!!
Old 3rd August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
JohnnyRNab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice for plans to chop the rear of the bike?

Hey guys, I plan on chopping the rear of the bike and moving the fender so that it mounts up similar to how those cool cats in Japan do it.

I guess the only way I can describe is having a ducktail type fender amd chopping the stock fender rails about 3 quarters of the way in.

I just wanted to know if anyone can give some advice or what kinda things i should avoid and may encounter.

Anything from wiring to fender placement it all helps. And sorry to the mods if this isnt the right section.

Cheers in advance folks!
Old 3rd August 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Forty Eight
Japexican is on a distinguished roadJapexican is on a distinguished roadJapexican is on a distinguished road

Finally got my GoPro Cam....need to get a better video editor...CPRACING...what are you using? More videos to come...love this thing!
http://youtu.be/VFy6swa3mFw
Know Thy Hog

Old 3rd August 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X Forty Eight
cpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud of

I will have to ask my friend what video editing stuff he uses. It's his camera, not mine. He just loaned me the camera while I drag raced my bike. Cool camera though. I need to buy one!
Old 3rd August 2012
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X "48"
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
YOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japexican View Post
Finally got my GoPro Cam....need to get a better video editor...CPRACING...what are you using? More videos to come...love this thing!
http://youtu.be/VFy6swa3mFw

Looking good. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the GoPros being mounted on the side of the helmet. I find being mounted on top gives a better view and perspective. Maybe give that a shot and see how you like it.

Also how do you have your speedo mounted?
Old 3rd August 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Forty Eight
Japexican is on a distinguished roadJapexican is on a distinguished roadJapexican is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOURADHERE View Post
Looking good. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the GoPros being mounted on the side of the helmet. I find being mounted on top gives a better view and perspective. Maybe give that a shot and see how you like it.

Also how do you have your speedo mounted?
Yeah...I think I will mount my GoPro up top to see how it is. Will try on my trip to sturgis! Because I tried mounting it sideways to get the longer view...but it sucks because the sofware I use to flip the image right side up...requires me to downgrade the resolution. So....I'm keep the camera right side up now.

Also...Here is how I currently have my speedo mounted. These are pics with my peanut tank.

Old 4th August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Forty-Eight
Sportster/Buell Year: '14
kurtf114 is on a distinguished roadkurtf114 is on a distinguished road

This thread is killing me. I can't wait to leave Korea so I can get my bike
Old 5th August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Feileod is a jewel in the roughFeileod is a jewel in the roughFeileod is a jewel in the roughFeileod is a jewel in the roughFeileod is a jewel in the roughFeileod is a jewel in the roughFeileod is a jewel in the roughFeileod is a jewel in the roughFeileod is a jewel in the roughFeileod is a jewel in the roughFeileod is a jewel in the rough
Default First ride

I bought my 2012 48 back in April. It is my first ride and I am hooked. Up graded the usual stuff...Coil and ignition relocation, wire tuck, V&H "yeah their played out, but they look so good on a sporty" Short shots... , Joker machine A/C, grips, and shifter/rear brake moto style pegs, Buell Uly moto foot pegs cut and modified, narrowed rear brake light stanchions, relocated front signals and....hold on to your hat....I going to hell for this...I broke the 48 code of conduct....I replaced chrome yellow 2.1 tank with a chrome yellow 3.3 peanut off a 2011 Iron

Know Thy Hog