The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Foxcreek Leather  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical > Sportster Motorcycle Lighting
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
yeller1200, IronMick (72), painter (65), motobob883 (62), rickxx (60), MRCLEEN (42), Wetcheez (41)
Figure Machine
RYCA Motors
DK Customs
Burly

Speedway Instruments

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl833
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
bololambert will become famous soon enoughbololambert will become famous soon enoughbololambert will become famous soon enoughbololambert will become famous soon enoughbololambert will become famous soon enoughbololambert will become famous soon enoughbololambert will become famous soon enough
Default idiot light's relocation idea's?

Im undecisive on where to put the idiot lights, im only keeping the oil and neutral lights as i have removed the turn signals. I have prurchased some nice chrome led's off ebay but really undecisive where to put them, i was thinking on the back of the headlight but want keep the wiring to minimum on the front, has anyone got any pictures or idea's?? thanks in advance
Old 18th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
steelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond repute

If you still have the top-mount headlamp, you could set the LEDs in a plate glued into the hole in the top of the eyebrow.
Old 18th August 2012
Biker

bololambert will become famous soon enoughbololambert will become famous soon enoughbololambert will become famous soon enoughbololambert will become famous soon enoughbololambert will become famous soon enoughbololambert will become famous soon enoughbololambert will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelworker View Post
If you still have the top-mount headlamp, you could set the LEDs in a plate glued into the hole in the top of the eyebrow.
Im in the middle of installing a bottom tree fitted 4 1/2" bates style, im going the frisco style!,
Old 18th August 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883L
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 09
Other Motorcycle Model: HD ULTRA CLASSIC
Other Motorcycle Year: 08
SGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of light

i dont have mine on the clamp nor up on the trees.... right now this is the only pic i have of where i relocated them to. the only thing about where i put them ...cant see them while riding ....mainly wanted them there for when im off the bike starting and oil light ....ill have to see if i can get some better pics....you can barely see them here...see if you can find them

Old 19th August 2012
Biker

coil relocation bracket?
Know Thy Hog

Old 20th August 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883L
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 09
Other Motorcycle Model: HD ULTRA CLASSIC
Other Motorcycle Year: 08
SGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of lightSGT.NICK FURY is a glorious beacon of light

no sir. theyre actually on the down tube right under the speedo ....if you look hard enough in this photo you can barely see them ...i will take a pic tomorrow after work ..seein how its dark here right now ...cant take one ...
Old 20th August 2012
Biker

oh i think i can see something there, close up would be better tho lol,